ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dirty Clios

Renault Clio MK4 RS
dont know how you all get cars as dirty as these after a few hundred miles, i do 300miles a week in my clio in all weather and its not even that bad!

Changes to often
My effort lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355410831021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355410831021.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355410851718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355410851718.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 88

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Bet it was a nightmare trying to get it all off? especially if it has dried on!

Wasn't too bad actually, the jet wash blasted most of it off, but it took a while. Still some stubborn bits on it, but it started to get dark so I've left it. Pretty much clean now though!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Oh my dayyyyss.

i'd definitely laugh. then cry.

My mate's Mk3 Clio was parked next to my 306, his was just as bad. We were going to our cars together and soon as we saw that mess we just looked at each other and burst out laughing in disbelief haha!

Wouldn't mind a shotgun for Christmas, I'll be taking up bird shooting in the New Year.

Clio 182
when I saw the matelot outfit in the background I figured that it'd been a good 6 months........ 1 night though!! :eek:

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
when I saw the matelot outfit in the background I figured that it'd been a good 6 months........ 1 night though!! :eek:

We've got this huuuuuge flock of little birds flying around the camp, thousands of them! They seem to nest in a different tree every night, and they leave behind one hell of a mess! Little b*stards!

Thanks mate, needs doing so might as well get it over with.. Just hope it's a bit more successful this time, twice in 4 years at 24 years old is not ideal lol!

Feel for you mate!

I just had the same, 4 operations in 5 months from a fracture to my L3 :( how did the metal work collapse may I ask?

Mildly concerned that mines going to do the same now!

Jon

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Feel for you mate!

I just had the same, 4 operations in 5 months from a fracture to my L3 :( how did the metal work collapse may I ask?

Mildly concerned that mines going to do the same now!

Jon

They aren't 100% sure but I started getting lower back pain about 6 months ago and it slowly worked down the back of my right leg and into my foot. Now I have constant pins and needles in my right leg and my foot feels completely dead.

This X-ray was from about 5 years ago after my initial surgery..

image-17.jpg

The L5 veterbra shown in the meshed area has now collapsed and is sat on top of the L4 which has put pressure on lower vertebra. So in short has led to 2 ruptured discs so I have to have a open discectomy to remove the discs, add a prosthetic vertebra and replace the metal work to support.

I hope everything goes okay for you mate, mine had been fine for nearly 5 years. How did you suffer the trauma if you don't mind me asking?

dont know how you all get cars as dirty as these after a few hundred miles, i do 300miles a week in my clio in all weather and its not even that bad!

Depends on the type of roads. I haven't washed mine in over 12 months and it doesn't look that dirty. My dad can clean his car and within a day it looks dirtier due to where they live.

They aren't 100% sure but I started getting lower back pain about 6 months ago and it slowly worked down the back of my right leg and into my foot. Now I have constant pins and needles in my right leg and my foot feels completely dead.

This X-ray was from about 5 years ago after my initial surgery..

image-17.jpg

The L5 veterbra shown in the meshed area has now collapsed and is sat on top of the L4 which has put pressure on lower vertebra. So in short has led to 2 ruptured discs so I have to have a open discectomy to remove the discs, add a prosthetic vertebra and replace the metal work to support.

I hope everything goes okay for you mate, mine had been fine for nearly 5 years. How did you suffer the trauma if you don't mind me asking?

Oohhhh nice metal work! Thats what I had minus the mesh, however they took one set of screws and a rod out as I contracted MRSA which I couldnt shake for 5 months :(

Mine was all self inflicted on 2 wheels. Racing motocross but went for a bit of a flying lesson off a jump. Ended up about 10-15 feet in the air, went horizontally about 30 feet, but unfortunately when i 'ejected' my body turned in the air so I ended up flying backwards and landed on the lip of the next jump with my lower back/bum. The fracture was the same as what someone might get if they landed straight on their head bizarrely. My L3 crushed the disc below it and ended up out at an angle so they had to operate to straighten it and stabilize it.

Was told if it had gone any further I would've be in a wheel chair, as like you I had pins and needles down my leg etc so feel very lucky!

How about you, what happened?

Jon

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Oohhhh nice metal work! Thats what I had minus the mesh, however they took one set of screws and a rod out as I contracted MRSA which I couldnt shake for 5 months :(

Mine was all self inflicted on 2 wheels. Racing motocross but went for a bit of a flying lesson off a jump. Ended up about 10-15 feet in the air, went horizontally about 30 feet, but unfortunately when i 'ejected' my body turned in the air so I ended up flying backwards and landed on the lip of the next jump with my lower back/bum. The fracture was the same as what someone might get if they landed straight on their head bizarrely. My L3 crushed the disc below it and ended up out at an angle so they had to operate to straighten it and stabilize it.

Was told if it had gone any further I would've be in a wheel chair, as like you I had pins and needles down my leg etc so feel very lucky!

How about you, what happened?

Jon

MRSA, s**t! That is awful, glad you're all good now though!

Sounds really nasty that, but at least it's an exotic sounding story lol!

Mine was due to a speedboat accident down in Poole. Basically we got struck by a large wave at speed which unsettled the boat and we then hit another wave head-on and I got thrown from the boat. Came down from a fair height and landed on my spine on the edge of boat. Thankfully my dad had shut the engine off or I would have been cut to pieces! I got lifted by the air ambulance and spent 3 months in hospital after the surgery.

Makes you think when you have a serious trauma how fragile the human body actually is.

Fiesta ST200
Might start taking the back road into work in the RS and not wash it for 2 weeks.

My dads cayman S Sport edition looked gross after a week of doing that, couldn't see the number plate at all.

MRSA, s**t! That is awful, glad you're all good now though!

Sounds really nasty that, but at least it's an exotic sounding story lol!

Mine was due to a speedboat accident down in Poole. Basically we got struck by a large wave at speed which unsettled the boat and we then hit another wave head-on and I got thrown from the boat. Came down from a fair height and landed on my spine on the edge of boat. Thankfully my dad had shut the engine off or I would have been cut to pieces! I got lifted by the air ambulance and spent 3 months in hospital after the surgery.

Makes you think when you have a serious trauma how fragile the human body actually is.

Yer was proper kick me when I'm down scenario when that happened! Haha.

N thats insane! They say when you hit water at speed it's like concrete, guess your the proof! At least you got a free helicopter ride, like a mug I said I was alright but just get me out of here now so they took me in an ambulance! Wish I'd gone in the bloody 'chopper!

Yer definitely, makes you realise how close you can be to losing it all. Big wake up call bud.

Stay safe mate and hope it all goes well! Give us an update when you're done with the op :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yer was proper kick me when I'm down scenario when that happened! Haha.

N thats insane! They say when you hit water at speed it's like concrete, guess your the proof! At least you got a free helicopter ride, like a mug I said I was alright but just get me out of here now so they took me in an ambulance! Wish I'd gone in the bloody 'chopper!

Yer definitely, makes you realise how close you can be to losing it all. Big wake up call bud.

Stay safe mate and hope it all goes well! Give us an update when you're done with the op :)

Well it wasn't a pleasurable experience that's for sure lol!

I will do mate, hoping it will go okay! Got my pre-opp on the 8th and surgery on the 16th so I expect I will be living on here whilst recovering lol!

LY 197 R27
I need to see your LY at some point, love the colour.
mine isn't grubby enough to make it on here

I'm always about the city fella, have to sort a meet out with others around here.

fuuuu. i thought mine was bad! mines not that bad and its not been washed in 3 weeks and its just driven to the north east and back!

That was just going to work a few times not even that far haha, I wash it weekly mate so it doesn't get that bad just depends on the roads I guess.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Taken back in March

Not the dirtiest photos on here but found these with winter wheels on
DSCF0241_zps6f17b175.jpg

DSCF0242_zps3e54cca3.jpg

DSCF0244_zps325f87a5.jpg

and a cleaned pic
DSCF0240_zpse9bf60c0.jpg

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
This is mine. Its got a dull,matted effect.

The Car.jpg 2012-11-09 13.43.34.jpg

And another couple from when the snow and ice were around.

2012-12-05 16.10.01.jpg 2012-12-05 16.11.02.jpg