ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dirty Leather - What do I use?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I really want to clean the leather seats in the Megane, the drivers seat is has a lovely (not) shine to it now and the steering wheel needs a good clean.

Having never cleaned leather before (properly) I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction - I keep seeing the 50/50 shots of detailed cars and I want some of that!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Weak fairly liquid solution agitated with s soft brush and wiped down with a damp microfibre cloth

Trophy
Saddle soap from a horse riding shop is very good! Leaves a nice matt finish, Just wet a small sponge and lather it up on the bar then circular motion on the seats and wipe off with a damp microfibre cloth.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah you don't want shiny leather!

I plan to get my fronts to look like the rears!

A soft brush is a useful item to use, such as the cheapo ones you get as part of a shoe polish set. The soft one (buffer) for leather seats, the slightly stiffer one (polish applicator) for cleaning carpets etc.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Depending on work/weather this weekend im going to give my recaros a good clean, starting to get a little dirty now.

Also, has anyone ever tried cleaning carpets in a megane? b*****d things like velcro!

Trophy
Ha ha neither am I! but I've had the same bar for 20 odd years and it's still going can't remember how much it was but it's just like a big bar of soap so I think it's cheap there's bound to be a riding shop near you!