ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ditched the german for the french...

172 ph1
well after buying a 2003 audi s3 in january and giving the ph1 to my brother to use ive got that sick that ive put it up for sale and got the ph1 back!

never again!! so the clio will be going on abit of a diet over the winter and being used as a sunday/trackday/ringmobile (maybe a project thread to follow) :) i'm looking forward to getting back on here and recieving any help needed from the usual suspects etc

Dan

172 ph1
totally! dont get me wrong its quick and goes round corners REALLY well but you flog it and just have to say...so what? i drove the clio about 2 month ago and just thought what am i doing!

Dont get me wrong if i had bought a turbo back miltek (for £900) and other few bits it would maybe make me smile but whats the point when i could blast a grand on the ph1 and have 1000 times more fun.

I know what you mean entirely!

I had a VW Golf (the 1.8 Turbo model) and it was only slightly slower than the Clio in a straight line (it was mapped to 192BHP) but the Clio is just so raw compared to it.

VAG's are a 'comfortable' fast, I find the Clio a more scary, dramatic fast with all the noise etc. I've driven a 2009 S3 and they feel safely fast aswell.

172 ph1
Mine is about 270bhp and quicker than the clio but as you say clio is raw and leaves you smiling everytime