ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY ABS delete

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Hi all thought I would post my diy ABS delete story. I have a fully stripped 182track only car and wanted to clear out the engine bay and save some weight. Winning.

After my first track day without it I can say I am very happy with result. Saves over 6kg and really strips a lot of stuff out. Car still brakes awesome and now I can control the rear brake pressure.

In short, I kept the rear lines but cut and bent them up into the cabin via the handbrake cutout to a Wilwood bias valve ( proportioning valve). I then made new lines for the front.

All that is needed are some cheapish tools;
- brake flare tool
- tube bender ( or buy more expensive ductile line which can be hand formed)
- pipe cutter

Materials
- 3/16 steel brake line is the cheapest
- 12 x 1mm thread inserts for the brake master cyl ports
- 3/16 tees and back nuts.

a536c4f020f043949a173702ee9c2eca.jpg

a630526e2d0ab37fa2804b2b40bed143.jpg

More pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182 trackcar, XC60t6
I really want to do this but was under the impression that the speedo works off the abs?
Correct. Speedo doesn’t work. If you really want it try an old iPhone - I use one with TrackAddict app on it.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
@JACAM T piece inside before the valve?
Yes bring the lines into a tee and out to the prop valve. Make sure any lines that might rub on the body have some sort of protection - old hose or something pushed over.

ZachB

ClioSport Club Member
@JACAM Was just seeing how you did yours ? I had a crack at custom setup a couple of times, first time was through the boot for the rear lines then I put the seats back in and ran a line back in the original place and through the firewall. Since then went to a full cup setup as I cant make my mind up ?