ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY colour coded...

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
colour coded a set of sidestrips for my car there last week, got all my stuff from halfords and i think it has turned out pretty neat, i was for painting my bullets silver but i think i like this blue and black them going on at the minute, next on my list is the bumper inserts and then getting the car lowered on coilovers hopefully

Attachments

• Image027a.jpg
    Image027a.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 268
  Metallic blue Clio 1.2
colour match is brill, this pic aint a good one, il take one at the weekend, hopefully the sun will come out again lol

Good work mate cant really tell from pics but looks good.

Did mine myself, To a good standard, But planning on a re-do in summer with 2k lacquer instead of standard lacquer.

Can i suggest: clear side repeaters, losing the mud flaps, lowering, and personally losing the limo tint on the rear? just suggestions really.

Colour coded bullets with white or black writing would look great too.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Looks good mate

As said, would look better with the tints removed imo

Or if you wanted to keep them, perhaps get a very light smoke on the front to blend it in a bit

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
to tell you the truth, its only dark smoke on the rear, ive been thinking about going for a medium tint on the back and a light on the smoke, as i done them myself, hopefully getting a set of coilovers soon if this group buy goes through and then that will probably be all im doing to the car for now anywayz

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
Good work mate cant really tell from pics but looks good.

Did mine myself, To a good standard, But planning on a re-do in summer with 2k lacquer instead of standard lacquer.

Can i suggest: clear side repeaters, losing the mud flaps, lowering, and personally losing the limo tint on the rear? just suggestions really.

Colour coded bullets with white or black writing would look great too.

i think i will take the mud flaps of soon, as i bought them to stick out a bit more than the standard 1s as they didnt seem to be stopping much dirt from hittting the side of the car, and it was covering below the side strips all in tar which was a ball ache everytime i went to clean the car there was new tar spots, the mud flaps have helped slightly but not too much

Jap Box
just wanderin where did you get the paint from and how did you do it?

i had to pay someone to do it, was £100 for the paint and smoothed the boot

You replied to yourself :S

Looks to be done to a good standard anyway :) colour match looks off but I assume its the light/car as when I first sprayed mine they looked different as the rest of the car wsnt as clean.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
DSC02203.jpgprimer colour makes a difference too, mines sliver, i got an exact colour match from getting the code from renault, (632) then did the trims myself, used a white primer which made it look lighter than the rest of the car, going to re do it with grey primer when weathers better. Totally looks better all colour coded. you've got a good match there.