ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
Lol yea I do want it finished! I'd be mad not too! All I know is its a 45degree 60mm bend, whethere its hard os silicon I don't know!

I did think about putting a DV on just for a laugh too as I have one somewhere round here from my old Punto! haha! I hate DV's on smaller cars!

White Evo V
Lol yea I do want it finished! I'd be mad not too! All I know is its a 45degree 60mm bend, whethere its hard os silicon I don't know!

I did think about putting a DV on just for a laugh too as I have one somewhere round here from my old Punto! haha! I hate DV's on smaller cars!

TBH it sounds s**t, Paul told me it would but I thought id try it and see, he was right. Until your vacuum gets to 0 its constantly open so on idle and at low revs it makes a VERY annoying hissing sound, but then once you get out of vacuum and into boost it stops hissing as the valve closes then when you let off its a HUGE psssshhhhhhttt! I might buy a stronger spring for my valve from forge so on vacuum the spring is just strong enough to keep the valve shut then any back pressure will hopefully push the valve open. I think it a very fine line to get it right with the right spring choice. If you can find a spring thats the perfect tension it will work and sound exactly the same as it does on a turbocharged car, then it may sound ok.

If its a 45 degree bend it will prob be the one that comes up from the intercooler behind the headlight?? Im interested to see your results and see what difference it makes on a ph1 engine.

SQ5
Yea I guessed it was to bring it from the Intercooler up into the bay being 60mm.

Well, because the head gasket is leaking oil slightly I think Paul maybe doing a tamer map so it'll last, but if he feels safe to push it I don't mind. It's all in his hands! Do you get any audible whirring from the charger or is it silent?

White Evo V
no there is a definate whining noise, not near as loud as the eaton superchargers on the polo for example. Its the exhaust popping and flames i like when you hit the limiter. I know you shouldnt hit the limter but it sounds soooo good, like a rally car!

SQ5
haha! I rarely hit the limiter and probably won't until the next engine is in ;) You shoudln't drive like a tool ;) lol!

I'm always downshifting to slow down, always use the gears, its just a habit, with a little tap of the throttle. This will get it popping nicely ;) It does it enough as it is getting some little flames!

White Evo V
Haha, I luuurrrrvvvveee driving like a TOOL! haha! What a TOOL I am! Thats what superchargers were designed for, so you can drive like a complete and utter TW*T! :rasp:

I dont hit the limiter often but most of the time in 1st and 2nd you cant help it! Especially in the wet!

Haha, I luuurrrrvvvveee driving like a TOOL! haha! What a TOOL I am! Thats what superchargers were designed for, so you can drive like a complete and utter TW*T! :rasp:

I dont hit the limiter often but most of the time in 1st and 2nd you cant help it! Especially in the wet!

Never heard of short shifting surely with the torque it has you don't need to hit the rev limiter?

;)

SQ5
I doubt first will get used very much TBH! Second gear from every rolling pullout, maybe even third with all that powerr ;)

White Evo V
I doubt first will get used very much TBH! Second gear from every rolling pullout, maybe even third with all that powerr ;)

Haha, it wont like 3rd! remember the power is more top end rev range so bottom end when setting off will be like setting off in 3rd in a standard car.

and yeah I do short shift in the wet and dry in the lower gears, esp 1st, but thats no fun!!! :D

White Evo V
A pic of the BOV. Although I have now taken it off and ordered a stronger spring - £4.

Picture002-1.gif

Last edited:
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
when are you picking it up Danny?

i'm at RStuning tomorrow afternoon for some mapping, i saw your car on the 12th when i was there aswell :)

SQ5
I was hoping to be there tomorrow afternoon but i won't be now!

Car got dynoed in standard form and I had a drop at 4,5k keep happening which has happened before. Looks like the vvt solenoid is knackered! Compression on 1 and 4 was at 70% also so a new engine has been sourced!

I guess this years trackdays took it's toll on the poor thing!

RB 200 Cup!
ah b****cks - so looks like a long time before ill see her :(

want me to pick you up for the next couple of meets? ;)

SQ5
I'll be at a meet in it the first day I get it! Northern lot having an RR Day at RSTuning the day I pick it up! Then the week after you will see it :)

SQ5
Awesome, Yea Paul is currently stripping the old engine out!

Ben has ran his 2000+ miles and KungFuSpag/TheJesus ran his for over 10k I believe, so its quite reliable!

White Evo V

Ben has ran his 2000+ miles and KungFuSpag/TheJesus ran his for over 10k I believe, so its quite reliable!

I've now done 2300 very hard miles in mine! So touch wood it's proofing pretty reliable! I have tested it to the max, it's not very often I arnt giving it some, it's taken some stick in the last 3 months!

You going the the RR day on the 7th then Danny? SC Ph1 vs. SC Ph2! Lol

SQ5
I will be there picking the car up yes :) SO I may run, but Paul may run it to show me what its getting! I'll be getting there about 930 I'd imagine, but anyone wanting to pick me and a mate up from Leeds train station on the day would be much appreciated :D

White Evo V
I will be there picking the car up yes :) SO I may run, but Paul may run it to show me what its getting! I'll be getting there about 930 I'd imagine, but anyone wanting to pick me and a mate up from Leeds train station on the day would be much appreciated :D

Why don't I pick you up!! There's no point me paying for the dyno run either so it would be the same for me, my car was on that dyno a couple of weeks ago now and I have the print out, pointless me paying £££ to see what I already know! Lol but yeah Danny if you want me to pick you up from the station that's cool!

SQ5
Yea thats why I don't want to pay as my car will have lived on it for a day before haha!

If you've got seats in the back then yea, PM me your mob or add me on FB :)

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

Ran? It still runs :(

15-16k now, engines on 110k

Perfectly reliable, but obviously I can only comment on mine however which is a different kit and runs less boost

White Evo V
Was down at RS today Danny, your old engine was Fooooooked! Ha, oil out of every oraphis! lol. Paul mentioned it made about 138bhp on the rollers before any work! lol! itl be VERY different to that when you get it back! Also did Paul mention that your power sterring pump was leaking? I have one you can buy for £25 if you want it, Paul said he was going to speak to you but I dont know if he had chance?

SQ5
Power steering ain't a worry to me as it's never had much fluid in lol! Yea it was making 138, head gasket had slightly blown a week or so before!

Not spoke to Paul today, did my new engine turn up?

White Evo V
Yeah it was waiting outside when he got there this morning! lol!

Ok just thought I would ask as I thought it would be sensible to put a new pump in while the engine was out and the fluid drained!

SQ5
Just spoke to Paul, new 30k engine is in, just plugging the rest back in now! Hopefully getting it on the rollers later to see if this engine is better!

SQ5
Engine is running sweet as anything, its just running lean/rich, forget which Paul said now. Has tried numerous ways to get it to run right. This is still just running N/A getting it right first! Hopefully will get some good news tomorrow that its 99% ready to come home :D