ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dnt need a cambelt mate

205 mi16
Just rang a fella selling a clio round the corner from me. Its dne 47k but has yet to have a cambelt. He says its not dne enough mileage to need one but am thinkin the car is 8 years old and the belt will start to [FONT=&quot]deteriorate after this amount of time won't it? Car looks good but wants 3.5 k for a silver phase 1 172 so need to knock him down.
[/FONT]

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
yes it will. Like if you put an elastic band outside for a week in the summer it will become brittle and snap. Same applies a bit to a rubber based belt.

Lots of heat and moisture over eight years will have taken its toil on the material

Camblet is 5 years or 72K on all clio I think

ff 182
this was talked about yesterday, offer him £3.000 tell him it needs doing at 74k or 5years..at eight years old that cam belts gona be well fucked.or tell him you will pay full price if he gets it done and staped...

If it has frsh it must have had it done, if so he'll have bills to back it up.
If not, he's lying. I wouldn't touch it either really, somethnig as important as that & he's not had it done, imaginw what the rest is like.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It suggests it's not been particularly well cared for, and you can get ph1's for next to nothing now. Haggle him down to less than £3k or walk away.

M135i
If it has frsh it must have had it done, if so he'll have bills to back it up.
If not, he's lying. I wouldn't touch it either really, somethnig as important as that & he's not had it done, imaginw what the rest is like.

frsh means as it says, FULL. every thing has been done on time/mileage, and nothing has been left out.

its not full unless they have botted the I's and crossed the T's.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, but a private seller saying it has FRSH it a different thing to it actually having it.... would never assume it.

PH1 172 Sport
Leave it and walk away it could snap driving away from his drive then you will left with a hefty bill.

Chelsea tractor
frsh means as it says, FULL. every thing has been done on time/mileage, and nothing has been left out.

its not full unless they have botted the I's and crossed the T's.
People usually refer to full dealer service history based on mileage, not on age though.

ITB'd MK1
can't live by what ifs all the time though, if you can get a good deal on it and do the needed work ASAP and you're happy with the rest of the car, I'd go for it

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
if its full renault the dealer will have it backed up on records/computer. Try calling your local dealer if you can get the reg - worth a try

JMR

RB 182 Cup
£1200 for an engine re-build if the belt snaps.:eek:

Not worth it - do a check though like GazM says.:)