ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do clios get better with age

Im still looking at getting Tom16vs Clio as a straight swap for my Punto. Just wondered do Clio 16vs get better with more miles and age if everythings been changed for eg. cambelt, gearbox, timing belts, clutch, etc.

[Edited by PuntoGT3 on 26 October 2004 at 6:21pm]

Really? Have u seen it/driven it? I thought it was a lovely motor although the mileage was a bit of a put off for my old man. So im tryin 2 convince all is well and its worth the swap.

Defo get better with age!! If its been looked after which im led to believe Tom16v has done.

I really dont think anything else can go wrong with his car.

Whos going to be driving the car? You or your old man?

Ill be the owner/driver of the Clio. Just its my dads £3k loan on the Punto. He just wants toknow im swapping for something of same value/condition if u get me

They are great runners as they get older. Mines 120k and is smooth as, at this age its past all the problems and most likely had a engine rebuild.

my vlaver reach 100k and stopped breaking down.

probably due to the fact ive had to replace just about everything to get to that stage, no regrets though, absolutely love it.

DO IT!!!!

Stanced Honda S2000

mate no offence but puntos are a nightmare.

get the clio. i just laugh at puntos. they are sooo poxy. not having a go, just my opinion. swap !

190 BHP Willy 2

My old valver had 120k and seemed a bit quicker than my current valver with 77k. Therefore id say they do get better with age. Drive them hard and they respond well. Thats how im going to loosen up my current one anyway.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by big hp on 27 October 2004

Drive them hard and they respond well. Thats how im going to loosen up my current one anyway.
lol - thats a good excuse!

Vee dub

My valver drives and feels like a new car! Its brilliant

Keep it well looked after and serviced regularly and it should be fine

Tom

I noticed absolutly no tappet noise listening to Toms engine which convinced me it was good! Sounded as smooth as a pimp daddy :D