ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I decat the valver

Do i Decat or not...

Just need a answer, i know all the laws for mot etc, just want to know your opinions, is it worth it? make any difference??

Local garage will swap it over for next to nothing, so it basically down to if its worth the hassle or not.

Ive had mine done and u do notice it slightly.Mines a J (92) and ive been told u dont need it for the mot but i think from 93 on u do need it

Think the law changed in august 92, so you would get away with it!

Theres mixed views, if you can pass the mot with out it then your ok, but i think they raised the standards so it would be hard to without it, no real hardship to put it on anyway.

Just got to get a pipe now...

I dont want to risk looking like an idiot so i wont say go out and get it but supposedly that hot shots cleans your fuel system and lowers your emissions.

I would ask your MOT place if you need a CAT or not, i think you must have one (if its post 1992 or weighs under 2 tonnes) but other people are saying otherwise.

-Rob

If its after 31st December 1992, then you need a cat (AFAIK).

I bought a de-cat about three months ago and its one of the best VFM mods you can do. Sounds a bit Nova-esque if you drive on part throttle, but sounds absolutely awesome on full acceleration!

Yep been to the garage and thy said if it passes without it it would be fine, but they cant imagine that it would.

Bloody june 96 mine was, so i guess im 4 years to late.

How easy to do yourself then? cant be assed if its a sod of a job...

interesting, i was thinking of chipping it in the future, but by the sounds of that its worth doing the 2 together then?

I take it your speaking from experience so id rather not do it, im moreinterested in 0-60 than after 60 to be honest.

The exhaust is standard anyway cos i dont really want a loud one, hate them!!

Thanks for your input mikey....

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 23 May 2003

6 bolts...?
Ummmm its 4 bolts!

If u get a silanced one from k-tec u get the advantages but without the extra noise and nova esque sounds!

Matt

clio 20v

u do lose a bit of low down torque but what u gain at the top end which is where it spends most of its time when giving it some its worth it

a mild steel one sounds better than a stainless one the stainless tend to be a bit raspy and i found an unsilenced one is better than a silenced one

the hillpower one is very well made and easy to fit plus its cheap thats what ive got

ive got a magnex silenced de-cat in the garage if anyones interested will fit 16v and willy

adi

I m a big fan of my de-cat and dont think i could do without it now. It has helped with performance throught the range. Love it

How much do you want for it mate?

If you prefer text me a price on 07811 654986...

I think im stelladed at the moment so i will make no promises

clio 20v

lol me 2 sat at me pc with a few wifebeaters cant fault it lol

bout 30 quid depending wether i hav to post it cos its quite heavy its stainless, magnex quality not that old

adi

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Hummm, Adis point on top end torque improvment is true; just a matter of what u value more. Personally i think the 16v is more fun flying through 1st and 2nd pinned in ur seat rather than pulling in 5th. Maybe further mods such as a chip can restore lost torque bottom end.