ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I Declare Cup Packs??



  Abarth Grande Punto
Ok im insured with admiral at the moment and am in the process of getting a used 182. It has both Cup packs on it. I called admiral to get an insurance quote like you do and they said has it been modded or optional extras? Well i said yes has optional cup packs. The foreign women on the end of the phone didnt have a clue what i was talking about ! So in the end i said forget it and just got a quote for a standard 182. So what do i do leave as is because after all the car in completly standard if you know what i mean. Has anyone else had this prob?? Will i be adequatly insured if i dont mention? :S

Thanx stu
 
  Mondeo STTDCI
FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN' TIME NO YOU DONT!

When you buy ANY other car, with ANY other optional extra....did you declare it?

Oh yes I opted for Electric Windows! Oh yes I opted for alloys over the steelies!

NO, YOU DONT. So stop confusing the poor idiots in call centres and tell them you've a 182. END OF DISCUSSION.
 
  Golf GTD
Ha ha ha. My thoughts exactly dave. If the car came from the factory like it, the reg number is registered with renault with the car specced up like it...
 
  GW RS200
Absolutely I agree with Dave^^. They mean aftermarket addons not ones made when you bought it from the manu....

S.
 
  182FF c/w Recaros
Dave said:
FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN' TIME NO YOU DONT!

When you buy ANY other car, with ANY other optional extra....did you declare it?

Oh yes I opted for Electric Windows! Oh yes I opted for alloys over the steelies!

NO, YOU DONT. So stop confusing the poor idiots in call centres and tell them you've a 182. END OF DISCUSSION.

Sorry to butt in on this but does the above apply to my Recaro's as well:cool: :D ;)
 
  ST
Dave said:
FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN' TIME NO YOU DONT!

When you buy ANY other car, with ANY other optional extra....did you declare it?

Oh yes I opted for Electric Windows! Oh yes I opted for alloys over the steelies!

NO, YOU DONT. So stop confusing the poor idiots in call centres and tell them you've a 182. END OF DISCUSSION.
I love the Dave!!
 
  Lionel Richie
LOL
"hi i have electric windows, a sunroof, climate control, metalic paint, badge removal, rear ashtray, privacy glass, automatic, xenons etc etc etc"

my old insurance company had a whinge at me for having non standard tyres fitted to the car!!
 
hi guys, thought id put my 2p worth in.

my friend works for a big insurance company and he asked the underwriters this Q.

the answer- if the extra comes from factory and is listed in renos catalogue then you dont have to tell us. as its standard and they can refer to reno to confirm. etc.... blah blah.

when i bought my recaros, i thought do i have to tell my insurance, but i dont as they come standard from the factory.

so you dont have to tell them about the cup pack. as its standard.
 
  Clio Trophy 79/500
You could always just ask the insurance company. Tell them its factory fitted and not an after market. If they try to bump your premium up ask why? Its better to be safe than sorry. Insurance companies go out of their way to avoid paying out a claim so why give them some amunition.
If they have a Cup insure it a a Cup. Tell them what a cup is, otherwise they will wriggle out of any claim.
When i tried to insure the Trophy, they didn't have a clue about it. But i insisted that it was different from a 182. On my documents now i have a 182 Trophy so i believe i'm covered and not missleading the insurance company. I think the Trophy was a group higher than the 182. Not sure if the Cup is the same.
Just use an online service like post office one or direct line to try a few quotes.
 
  LY V6 with Recaros
I told my insurance company about it just to make sure, and ended up in an argument with them, as they wouldn't have it that they're not modifications but factory fitted extras!! No matter how many times I tried to tell them they are not modifications, they kept saying they are! They didn't even know what the cup packs were ffs! Just because I mentioned the slightly lower suspention and spoiler, that was it, must be modded, not standard! I ended up having to pay an extra £50!! Wish I never mentioned it now :mad:
 
  Clio Trophy 79/500
I'd change insurance companies, they sound like muppets.....or just that they can't be bothered to investigate the car for you. Don't pay and shop around. or ask to speak to someone who knows what they are doing.
 
  Mondeo STTDCI
I have spoken. END OF DISCUSSION. I might even close the topic.

If you can find ONE owner that has been refused a payout for not declaring STANDARD FACTORY EQUIPMENT on ANY vehicle I will change my mind.

As soon as you start mentioning lower suspension and spoliers to the idiots in call centres they look it up in a manual that says "Tell the customer to bend over and liberally apply vaseline to their anus".
 
  ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
THINK ABOUT IT, seriously. Other than us, how would your average joe know what cup pack are?!
 
  Golf R32
Sorry to say that ignorance is no excuse on the behalf of the insurance company espicially one dealing in car insurance.

When I used to work in the motor trade we always used to phone up halfords and the likes of asking them to look up none existent parts such as waterpumps for old VW Beetles :cool: .

But seriously you should declare the extras as it has been known for insurers to void your policy if you ever have to claim simply because of undeclared extras/mods.

Worst ones I have ever heard of are Elephant, on another forum that I am a member of there was a case of someone who didn't declare the factory fitted options and he almost had his policy voided, but in the end only got the absolute base value of his with none of the options or anything. He was even told that the optional Xenons had to be declared it the catergory of Rally/Aftermarket lights... seriously how ridiculous is that
 
Dave said:
I have spoken. END OF DISCUSSION. I might even close the topic.

If you can find ONE owner that has been refused a payout for not declaring STANDARD FACTORY EQUIPMENT on ANY vehicle I will change my mind.

As soon as you start mentioning lower suspension and spoliers to the idiots in call centres they look it up in a manual that says "Tell the customer to bend over and liberally apply vaseline to their anus".
LOL
 
  ST
Vincec79 said:
Sorry to say that ignorance is no excuse on the behalf of the insurance company espicially one dealing in car insurance.

When I used to work in the motor trade we always used to phone up halfords and the likes of asking them to look up none existent parts such as waterpumps for old VW Beetles :cool: .

But seriously you should declare the extras as it has been known for insurers to void your policy if you ever have to claim simply because of undeclared extras/mods.

Worst ones I have ever heard of are Elephant, on another forum that I am a member of there was a case of someone who didn't declare the factory fitted options and he almost had his policy voided, but in the end only got the absolute base value of his with none of the options or anything. He was even told that the optional Xenons had to be declared it the catergory of Rally/Aftermarket lights... seriously how ridiculous is that
Xenons are standard kit mate, unless its a poverty spec 182 of course!!
 
  R35 GTR
I told the insurer I had a sat nav dash top, and was stripping the car, but technically i didnt need to.
 
  RenaultSport clio 182
Dave

I am fitting new brake pads, discs and lines to my 182 do I need to tell my insurers?

L.
 
lukey182 said:
Dave

I am fitting new brake pads, discs and lines to my 182 do I need to tell my insurers?

L.
Dificult one I'd tell them about it for your chnaging lines as tey look different and you should tell them about the pads then again there a replacing pad so its a grey area.
So long as the disks are stock ones then there no need to tell them.

Insurers if they deel with mods just usually say modied brakes they don't specify what upgrades.
 


Top