ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I have ABS (or am I supposed to)????

J

jakm15

hi I have a mk2 ph1 w reg 1.2 8v Clio Grande, I blew I fuse today fu*ckin about with my electrics and when I was replacing it I noticed it had a fuse for the ABS and my car does not seem to have it as the light on my dash does not come on with the ignition and when I first got it I thought it would be fun it do an emergency stop at 50 in the wet to try my nonexistent ABS and spun it straight round and s**t my pants.

Soooooo should it have ABS or not????

:rasp::approve::D

J

jakm15

cheers pal, at least i know ive just not got it and its not broke

BMW M135i
If theres no ABS light on the dash when you turn the ignition on then you haven't got it. My moneys on you not having it anyway.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
tbh, if he slammed on the brakes at 50mph, and didnt notice anything (other than spinning, of course), then his clio doesnt have it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
tbh, if he slammed on the brakes at 50mph, and didnt notice anything (other than spinning, of course), then his clio doesnt have it.
Or his ABS is fucked and the previous owner took the bulb out!

Check for a box in the engine bay with lots of stiff thin spider stylee pipes coming from it, if its got that its got abs.

BMW M135i
Or his ABS is f**ked and the previous owner took the bulb out!

Check for a box in the engine bay with lots of stiff thin spider stylee pipes coming from it, if its got that its got abs.
A ph1 1.2 8v grande is 99.999999% not going to have abs.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm concerned for the 0.000001% chance this guys car is unsafe :D

But yer, chances are it dont have it