ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I keep or get rid for an R26???

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I've got a clio 172 ph2 and well, it's a great car; good MPG's, practical, nippy etc... But I've had nothing but bad luck with it!!!!

But I've got the itch for a R26 Meggy 230 F1

Money in the bank to make the trade up but is it worth it?

Is the meg better built? More fun? As chuckable?

Or would I be better keeping the clio for a while?

I'm at a loss as to what to do! I just feel that the 172 is somewhat dated and hard to modify power wise. I dont NEED more power but it's pub banter with BHP talk...

Anyone been in the same position?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
if something goes wrong with a meg i know it would cost £££££ to fix. not so bad with the clio, thats whats put me off getting a meg. clio ticks all the boxes for me.

RS 182 CUP
had a decent race on a roads with a 225, had him on the roundabouts, but as soon as he hit the straights i was eating its dust. i like them, really nice to drive

S4 Avant
had a decent race on a roads with a 225, had him on the roundabouts, but as soon as he hit the straights i was eating its dust. i like them, really nice to drive

This is the R26 we're talking about ;) LSD counts for a lot.

If I was in a position to get an R26 over my clio, I would not even ask the question twice. Much better car in every way IMO

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This is the R26 we're talking about ;) LSD counts for a lot.

This as i learnt today!

Depends what you use it for imo. It is a much better car build quality, ride, speed wise. But out and out fun I dont think its as good as the clio when having blast down a country lane, mainly because you just cant feel the speed.

If its a car you use daily and an occasional weekend blast, then its perfect, but if it lives at home all week and only comes out for fun I think a clio is better suited.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
It'd be out and about everyday.

Thing is I do a lot of Long journeys to go climbing, North wales, Scotland etc. and the Yoz drones and I hear every stone I roll over. Clio just seems a bit of an effort at the min =[

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It'd be out and about everyday.

Thing is I do a lot of Long journeys to go climbing, North wales, Scotland etc. and the Yoz drones and I hear every stone I roll over. Clio just seems a bit of an effort at the min =[

Is it stripped etc?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Standard apart from yozza inc decat, dogbone mount, induction etc nothing else that would make it noisey/uncomfortable, why?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Standard apart from yozza inc decat, dogbone mount, induction etc nothing else that would make it noisey/uncomfortable, why?

Just wondering why the refinement seems so bad. Swapping the backbox for a yoz stealth would make a big difference. The R26 is more refined than a 172, but not hugely (it's still a french hatchback).

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Just wondering why the refinement seems so bad. Swapping the backbox for a yoz stealth would make a big difference. The R26 is more refined than a 172, but not hugely (it's still a french hatchback).

Well I've spoken to the garage and I'm booking a test drive in the R26 this week sometime so will see how things go I guess.

Italian 3.2 V6
Just get an R26. U won't be disapointed! It is the better car all round that's fact.

Not thought about R27's? Maby more suited to you by the sounds of things..

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yeah thought about an R27 just cant find a decent one that appeals to me. I'd want white or LY either way.

Golf GTD Mk7
r26 is very nice to drive, but it never really feels that quick when your driving it. I know they are quicker than the clio, but it just doesn't feeeel it. The LSD makes a massive difference though. Nice cars. Go the whole hog and get the r26r ;) How much is the stealer looking at robbing you btw? Surely a private sale would be a better option, or get on www.meganesport.net and see if there are any for sale.