ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need new dampers ?

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
I took a drive over to Europe this weekend and my mate who has been following me said that every time I go over a bump or am on a bumpy road the right side of my car is all over the place. He suggested it could be the shocks ?
i was away from my Clio for a few years and since coming back to it I thought it moved around a lot at the back.

Any advise on what exactly the problem could be ?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I took a drive over to Europe this weekend and my mate who has been following me said that every time I go over a bump or am on a bumpy road the right side of my car is all over the place. He suggested it could be the shocks ?
i was away from my Clio for a few years and since coming back to it I thought it moved around a lot at the back.

Any advise on what exactly the problem could be ?

If its floating around at the back its most likely the shocks. Do they look like the oil has escaped and leaked?

Probably the cheapest place for a pair atm -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...241549?hash=item1a1c05084d:g:EIwAAOSwNRdX3PAV

I've got a pair just come off my FF with bump stops, nuts etc... 1 is Renault OE, 1 is gas (OE spec) you can have for £10 + postage. Worked fine on mine and look quite new TBH just refreshed all my suspension so surplus to requirements, PM me if interested.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
I've got a pair just come off my FF with bump stops, nuts etc... 1 is Renault OE, 1 is gas (OE spec) you can have for £10 + postage. Worked fine on mine and look quite new TBH just refreshed all my suspension so surplus to requirements, PM me if interested.
Will let you know about this, how many miles have they covered ?