ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I put an LCD monitor in my car

Simple poll. I have the equipment to put an LCD monitor and PS2 in my car and I was going to do this for when I go to Spa next week but now I am not so sure.

I know it is illegal to watch it while driving so I would only use it when parked up.

It would be good to hear the opinions of people who have screens in their car already. Will I get the use out of it ? Do you get the use out of it ?

What do I do ?

:confused:

I did.. I got bored of it.

If its a built in unit, itd have been ok.. it wasnt, so it annoyed me having to move it all the time.

I am not so worried of the install as it will be temporary. What I am wondering is if I will get the use out of it to be honest mate.

Did you use it much when it was installed ?

Clio Sport 172

i got a moterised one and ps2 and you get bored with it thinking bout getting a new head unit or leaveing it cos it looks good wen ure just playing a cd with all the track info scrolling about

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 10 September 2004

I am not so worried of the install as it will be temporary. What I am wondering is if I will get the use out of it to be honest mate.

Did you use it much when it was installed ?
Kinda. Was Sat Nav mainly.. but then I used to watch DVDs.. well, passengers did.

If it was a permenant "in-dash" unit, Id use it all the time! It wasnt, as I needed a VGA Touchscreen.. so its now sat on my stereo! (Also, the in-dash units dont really work in Mk1 Clios, without ripping heater vents etc.. out!

mike, looks good but dosnt the gearstick block ur view? Can i just say how useless the cup holders are anyway that the screens in front of, u have to tip ur drink and end up spilling it just trying to get it in the bloody thing! Whats been powered by the cigar lighter?

Volvo S60 T5

Gearstick does get in the way a little bit, but used to it now, and I have a gtech power meter pluged in, still cant work out how to use it properly:confused: