ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do it myself or pay a pro?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just purchased a bmw M5 and i want to get the swirl marks removed. I can't make up my mind if i should buy the pc polisher + kit and do it my self of pay a pro off here to do it for me.

I always use 2 mits, pressure washer, 3 buckets of clean water, so i won't get anymore swirls in my ownership if i pay a pro...

What do you think? Do it myself or pay a pro?

A slow one :-(
Do it yourself... will give you a good sense of achievement once finished. Also the PC will be useful for the future. Paint correction is a pretty expensive job if done by a pro as well.

106 GTi
Once you have a PC you will be sorted for the future in any other cars you purchase, damage caused by others etc. I am carefull as anything when I wash and still get minor marring on my Black 182.

I use mine a fair bit so get my moneys worth out of it. If you think it will be a one of useage then I would let someone else take the strain.

What colour is the BMW and how bad are the swirls?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Once you have a PC you will be sorted for the future in any other cars you purchase, damage caused by others etc. I am carefull as anything when I wash and still get minor marring on my Black 182.

I use mine a fair bit so get my moneys worth out of it. If you think it will be a one of useage then I would let someone else take the strain.

What colour is the BMW and how bad are the swirls?

Deep metallic blue. Swirl marks are only visable under certain light so not that bad. I'm hoping for a really deep glossy wet looking finish :D

Here is a pic

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189277

lovely car!!

i have just ordered one, went through the same thought process and decided that, as rich says, it means i am sorted for a life of cars. and at 75 quid a PCing, will pay for itself in no time. already have 3 friends wanting it done and will pay me some quid towards time effort and products used!

jamie

al

ST on the way...
I'd get a pro to help you with the first session then you'll be sorted for doing it yourself next time :)

To be honest mate a PC just won't cut the mustard on hard bmw paint,

Don't get me wrong it will get there but expect 2-3 days to get it how you want it. A rotary will halve that time :)