ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do people stare

Polo + Micra

i got my new plate fitted yesterday and now every one seems to stare at my car now. a couple of people have stoped on the side of the road to have a look.

i was just wondering does anyone else get this???

Clio 197

Depends on what your plate says.... LOL!

B19 COK would attract the wrong attention, while J122 CUP would make people piss themselves...

Clio 182

Ive had guys stare at mine and its just a bog standard 182. Had one guy pull up in traffic next to me and start chatting about it even.

tiTTy & SV650

I was cruising along the dual carriageway (boring straight road) when a guy passed me in a golf or something - his gf / wife was staring big time, a lot of people ask me if its a v6 lol I wish!

i debated over getting a "loony" plate but decided against it for two reasons. 1 i would be more likely to get hassle from the police with a plate like that 2 if i cut anyone up or embarressed anyone on the road that is likely to bear a grudge then it would be easy to spot my car whereas a 54 plate is a bit more anonymous.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

loony plate is unlucky, look what happened to the reyland cossy

tiTTy & SV650

I was gonna buy R10 ORY for mine, my initials and my name, then it disappeared, booo!

R10 RYS would be good too, shame I cant get R182 ORY (would look good on the audi whatever I have in a few years) lol

i was going to buy M10GEY, then it came to friday (pay day) 2 days after i saw the palte and it was gone :( so i bought M70GEY instead

i gte a few people looking at my car because its got a valver front end and valvers are pretty rare..

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Ive been contemplating V666 WKD. Obviously V6 WKD is owned by somebody else ... but Im not copying honest ;) I think the 666 and WKD go together well and itll be on a V6 (hopefully if I ever get a delivery date).

That said I then go into "its only a number plate and thats a lot of money you could spend on the kids instead" reaction mode. :confused:

tiTTy & SV650

Theres a bloke in Glasgow / Edinburgh who travels between Glasgow & Edinburgh everyday on the M8 motorway with the registration M8 SUX, I thought that was quite amusing one day on the M8 cause it does suck!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

a chap who lived by me had an integra tyre r and his plate was---- NOB but that was soon changed to R1 2 YPE. i think he had a few stares when the first plate was on

Most people usually stare because of my loud exhaust, or music! lol

But they are probably trying to work out what your plate means

justin

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 01 February 2005

I like that plate just for its 666 value

*hears the music to damian playing*
Exactly :D

Only other car ive seen it on is a tuned up Scooby

i used to get people staring at my plate when i had it on the car, it created an impression, for all the wrong reasons !!

ie, old bill never left me alone, idiots would spot my car (not my clio btw) & sit up my ar*e pointing at the rear plate.
Im glad in a way that my 16v has never had the plate on it.
you can guess from my user name what it says !!!

clio 200 F4Rt

a chap in chichester has a DC5 integrea type r, with the plate V888 TEC, pretty sweet i thought!

i saw MY05 CUP, but thought £799 was a bit much to spend!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

I need to wait till 2007 to get my plate:

GU57AVN as my name is gustav. bargain ,but drawback is i will need a new car to go with it.

BMW 118d

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 February 2005
Depends on what your plate says.... LOL!B19 COK would attract the wrong attention, while J122 CUP would make people piss themselves...

There is a car where Im from with the registration B16 COK

Quote: Originally posted by MattsClio on 01 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 February 2005

Depends on what your plate says.... LOL!

B19 COK would attract the wrong attention, while J122 CUP would make people piss themselves...

There is a car where Im from with the registration B16 COK

you sure, its not on dvla database

LY 200

I get people staring sometimes and i hate it!!!!

Makes me paranoid that theres summin wrong with me motor!!!!

BMW 118d

If it isnt B16 COK then the O must be a D or something but it definitely reads that. Was on a golf until a couple of days ago, now its on a BMW convertibe

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

People stare at me-they hear me coming-Last nite Lozza stuck a pipercross induction kit on my car!! OMG-Is this thing loud or what!! I drove through the tunnels on the M25 near Enfield, this was a rush hour,dropped it in to 4th&all you could hear was my car!! BIG GRIN:D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

the plate you all want is

PEN 15

now that would sell for some serious money