ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do people stare

Vee dub

Clarkie that plate looks good on your vee.

I saw an X5 in town with 9OD (GOD)

he got soo many looks. Must be a t*at to be fair.

Tom

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 02 February 2005

Clarkie that plate looks good on your vee.

I saw an X5 in town with 9OD (GOD)

he got soo many looks. Must be a t*at to be fair.

Tom

might have been a vicar...;)

I saw a P1 with plate P1 HOT - class!!

Also, i know that the number plate P1 LOT was sold for stupid money at an auction!!!

My mates old turbo nova read A 16V TB!!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Kids all stand back and gawp at mine.

Some adults have a good look in traffic as well. Can usually get there attention with a little blip and dump..

Megane 225 baby! :)

There are loads of private plates round my way, one I see quite often is
3 NVY couldnt tell you what car it was on thou as a rather good looking bloke drives it! ;)

Having a private plate can be a pain thou especially if you have uncommon name as well as an uncommon car (naming no-one;)), as you just cant get away with anything!

Problem is, if you live in an area where everyone knows each other (like I do, in a small village), people drive by and see you in your car with numberplate, and all you can see is a hand waving at you, but unless you know their car, it makes you look like an ignorant tw*t for not knowing who they are!

Quote: Originally posted by MattsClio on 01 February 2005

If it isnt B16 COK then the O must be a D or something but it definitely reads that. Was on a golf until a couple of days ago, now its on a BMW convertibe
it is a D as it came back as being on a black golf diesel.
still a good plate though !

i get the odd look !! ... car gets considerably more .. is it the plate ( V6 TOY )or the car itself ??..

getting stuck in traffic is really unnerving sometimes .. people do actually hang out of windows,point,stare,take photos and want to speak to you ... then the next car rolls by. getting pimp tints is a consideration !!

Quote: Originally posted by vee6 on 03 February 2005

getting stuck in traffic is really unnerving sometimes .. people do actually hang out of windows,point,stare,take photos and want to speak to you ... then the next car rolls by. getting pimp tints is a consideration !!

Yep it happens ALL the time................and it could be cause it has exactly what it says on the plate..............V6 eh :D

Cya Stu

If you want looks, then get a V6, people stop stare, point, ask questions & just generally gawp, some of the billy boys want you to rev your engine, so they can here that awsome v6 noise. Im on the lookout for a plate though, just to finish it off. Looking for V630 LJB (V6 30L JB).

Suzuki SV1000S

I getted stared at all the time lol, Not many De-catted mk1 172s in Westminster ragging through Parliament square.

Clio v6

They do point and they shout at me. "Thats a Williams init" I shout back "OK so its a rusty brown colour but dont confuse it for the real thing "

No any williams websites I can direct these people to?

good thinking! Id say if they have neglected their car as much as yourself then the best place to go would be williamsclio.co.uk ;). if they also owned a V6 they could trade it in for something faster and more practical... like a Williams :)

Quote: Originally posted by JAY BUNDHOO on 03 February 2005

If you want looks, then get a V6, people stop stare, point, ask questions & just generally gawp, some of the billy boys want you to rev your engine, so they can here that awsome v6 noise. Im on the lookout for a plate though, just to finish it off. Looking for V630 LJB (V6 30L JB).
i was going to buy 00 03 OVG which would read 000 3.0 V6 .. still available from dvla 500 quid

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

People always stare at my car, especially little chavs and other clio drivers, but i think 80% of it is down to having a god damn loud exhaust

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Get it most of the time..... breaking down in rush hour isnt a good idea! :oops:

But on a serious note all vees get it silly, lol! The attention they get is mad! mine gets more with my plate on......

on my old fiesta, i had a CAT plate, i got hold of a vectra badge & re arranged the lettering so it said CAT, people used to point, i reckon i looked mint !!
the plate is worth more than that car !

E91 M Sport

/flame suit on

I think personalised plates are a bit over-rated. There are some good ones, like X5 drivers with PEN15S, but in general theyre a bit too personalised, and no one knows what they mean (even if its so obvious to you!).

I have to laugh hard when I see a 50 quid fiesta bombing round in a plate thats 5 times more expensive! :p

7.6cc :D

Today I followed B1 SOPH in her Polo into Birmingham.

I thought either

(a) shes very proud of her sexuality.

or

(b) shes very stupid.

i came out of halfords 2 day after buying some bits for my baby. to find a groupe of chavs around my car talking

one was saying its well fast , and the other said yeah but clio is a girls car :mad: made be mad ive had A FTO type R yeah it looked the biss but id rather have a car that no one can tell what beast is within

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 03 February 2005

saw a tvr with UR02 SLO
a merc with BL02 JOB

thier the best i can rememeber seing
a kiddie from the seat forum had .. YGO2SLO.

He did end up writing the car off !! coppers laffed at him cos of the plate

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

i get people staring alot wot with the plates an the car. normally young lads or nova owners tbh,see em mouthin stuff an pointing, but every so often you get some1 who knows what there talkin about always prefer that!

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Ive got a dodgy plate that reads "TIGERS", the nick name of the local football team (Hull City). Gets some fantastic reactions when im out driving, one lad cycled into a lamp post whilst gawping at my plate, lol.

Does have a down side though as I have to change my plates when i drive to away games so my car doesnt get vandalised. I paid £250 for the plate and ive been offered £1500, will wait until city win the champions league though as itll be worth more then;)

Best plates ive seen around hull are EAT 511T (reads eat sh!t) and 007 on an Aston!