ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you agree that it's a TOTAL LOSS?

Jap Box
Lmao this reminds me of my black clio being upside down! Does look pretty mashed to be fair, try get a decent amount from insurance for it, or failing that just get it back and strip for parts.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Make sure you take everything off that you can sell! Ill take the wheels!

But I'm sorry to see it upside down, bet your gutted...

57 Clio Campus Sport
Anyone know if I'll be able to take the wheels prior to then providing a quote?

Like I said I'm going to see it tomorrow but was a bit worried swapping the wheels would affect my insurance.

172cup
Gutted mate, i had a few sketchy moments on black ice over christmas time but nothing bad.
At least your alright tho thats the main thing.

If your retrieve the grill pm me ;)

Clio Sport 172
my honest opinion would be to let it go and honour it with something worthy...
i too had a 1.2 clio, i crashed mine due to adverse weather conditions (honest) ended up in someones front garden after knocking down their electric gates and 6 foot brick wall... mine was also a write off, i spent 2 months driving my mums car around and then replaced it with a 172 :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I dont know much about this tbh...A pillars i know are a bad one,but seen as this looks so good after a roll its hard for me to see a total loss...

If you can buy it back stick a 172 lump in it and track it...

Clio 172
Carrying on with payouts, I got full price for my bummed 172 when I wrote it off just before Christmas last year. Id imagine that was because it was undervalued/spot on according to their guides? Paid 3450 for it only had it around 6 weeks in that time someone drove into the back of me, side of me and some chunt threw a bottle out of their van on the motorway and gave me a lovely big dent on the bonnet. It was clearly cursed. I'm sure I had a larger excess than what they took off my settlement too! Good luck with your settlement!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cat B's can be put back on the road There's a lot of mis information in here.

Do some in depth research don't just click on the first result in Google.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not to sound like a pr*ck or anything but there is no way that was black ice. 6.5c and not a trace of any snow/ice on any of your pictures.

Either way I hope it gets settled, and like you said, time to move up in the car world!

57 Clio Campus Sport
Not to sound like a pr*ck or anything but there is no way that was black ice. 6.5c and not a trace of any snow/ice on any of your pictures.

Either way I hope it gets settled, and like you said, time to move up in the car world!

Yeah I think it's called black ice because it's hard to see...I didn't show it any of the previous photos. It was the only bit on a mile long country lane, just in a crappy place.

Anyway here is the photo I took, I have labelled it for you as well. It is hard to see but it's there. The paramedic nearly slid on it when he came bombing round the corner. I have an HD video of it which shows it better but I can't be bother to upload it.

blackice.jpg

I went and test drove the new Audi A1 on Saturday. I'm just going to get a crapmobile for a little while, I'm looking for new job at the moment as my current one is rubbish and I don't get paid enough for what I do, also my boss doesn't maintain the lane where our office is, so it has massive potholes which I hated with my supert's and a muddy drive which always ended up in muddy floor mats. No way I'm driving a new A1 down there each day and getting mud all in my new car. When I get new job I'll be placing an order.

The crapmobile will get used for the next 5 months until my insurance is used up, A1 has a 3/4 month waiting list anyway.

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
Well played sam.

Was it around 2500 the value I gave you?

Yeah exact figure. I was armed ready to come back at him with your figure and then he said it lol.

He said it was good condition and good miles, I asked him what he had given me for the wheels and he said standard alloys are £150 so he had given me £250, I mentioned I had paid £700 and they were good condition and had new tyres and he offered me £200 more so I squeezed an extra £50 out of him. So basically got £500 for the wheels which I think is ok, they were mint but they were 4 years old.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Shame I'll have £550 excess off that but I would be able to get a similar standard car to mine, minus the alloys for the £2200.

Now got to look around for something to have between now and a new job/Audi.

Anyone interested in 4 x steel wheels with like the fat star hubcaps?

Last edited:
I know that I know little about Insurance write offs but I did find this:

The ABI Categories of 'Write off'

Category A
Scrap only - vehicles in this category should have been crushed. They should
never return to the road and doesn't have any economically salvageable parts
and is only of value for scrap metal.

Category B
The body shell of a vehicle in this category should have been crushed and
should never reappear on the roads. They can however be broken for spare parts
and residual scrap.

Category C
Vehicles in this category are extensively damaged and an insurer has decided
not to repair it. If one of these vehicles were to go back on the road they
should have an independent inspection first.

Category D
Vehicles in this category have been damaged and an insurer has decided to not
repair it.

Category F
Vehicles in this category have been damaged by fire and an insurer has decided
not to repair them.

Now does that mean you can re-shell a Cat B car using all of the original parts. Then you need to get a VIC but Vosa may decline registration and you may never be able to insure it as it will show up as a Cat B - never to be returned to the road.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
IT's begging to be re-bought and broken for parts - extra cash monies!

S4 Avant
IT's begging to be re-bought and broken for parts - extra cash monies!

Worst idea ever. He's got £2750 for it, he can take that and spend it on beer and hookers till the cows come home.

If he bought it back, he'd spend forever and a day trying to sell off little tiny bits for £10 a pop, dealing with whining tw*ts who only want the "passenger side" this, or the "drivers side" that.

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
If it had been four-wheel drive, with huge front splitter and massive rear wing, I think your ending would have been slightly different.