ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you crave.....

.....more power??? Ive had my Cup for 10 months now and I have to say im more than happy with how much power it puts out. Unlike my previous cars I have not, up to now, craved more power! Anyone else totally satisfied with the power/acceleration of their motor??? Everytime I drive it there is still a big grin on my face :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yup Im happy with the way mine looks, goes and sounds. Faster car next for sure though.

So yous dont think the car is fast enough?? Or do u think its fast enough for a hatchback?? But in the future you will be going onto bigger, faster, more powerfull?

Yaris Hybrid

If you just drag race up and down dual carriageways it does get boring pretty quick and you want more power.

Take it out on a twisty country road though and it still feels dangerously quick.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Its currently fast enough based on my driving experience and age. I get in it, give it some stick at the weekend and it still requires respect even after owning it for 2 years. Thats one thing I learnt about the Cup.

I will go on to something with more power when Im 25, but for now, its just what I want and I dont know anything out there I could afford which would give me such a smile.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

What you need is a crap loan car for a week or two ... reminds you just how fast, powerful and good your Clio is ;)

Reason Im getting a V6 isnt because my 172 isnt fast enough. 172 still puts a smile on my face whenever I cane it. However, V6 has the looks, sound, rarity, and performance too, which means it has to be done.

Weeman sucks ****

Completely happy with power, speed and looks of my cup and she makes me grin everyday. Theres not much more out there at the mo that Id go for, that I can afford of course. My next wouldnt necessarely have to be faster. I could quite happily get in an integra type R everyday or an elise although theyre just a bit quicker. I doubt I could insure a 160 sport...dream dream dream.

still happy with the performance of my cup and considering it has been in the garage for a week it is going to seem quick even with the new engine.oh and driving an old transit van with no turbo is going to make it rapid.

I crave for a car that f**kin works everytime i get in the f**kin f**ker, that doesnt f**kin stall every f**kin time i come to a f**kin red light and doesnt cost me money all the f**kin time, f**k power for the moment my car needs to f**kin work first.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Dont particularly want any more power. Its hard enough getting the power down in these conditions as it is with FWD and the torque steers a b**ch.

4wd next.

Rb 182

I want more power! I went from a Ax gt (dont sl*g they are very nippy) to a 1.4 Clio. Its dogs slow compared to my Ax. I think ill go 205 Gti power next.

Dave

Quote: Originally posted by Djw Dave on 14 December 2004

I want more power! I went from a Ax gt (dont sl*g they are very nippy) to a 1.4 Clio. Its dogs slow compared to my Ax. I think ill go 205 Gti power next.

Dave
205 gtis rock like a mutha f**ker but u will be saying similar things to my 1st post in this thread

Quote: Originally posted by Winston on 14 December 2004

Lol at TheJesus, Ill have one

I crave more power, thats why its 2.0L time for me
and a lovely 2.0 litre it is pal. think you need to start a post with pics of where yer up to lad!

Rb 182

Dave
205 gtis rock like a mutha f**ker but u will be saying similar things to my 1st post in this thread

Lol heard that they are not really that reliable but need more speed! All french cars are pish. But i seem to keep buying them? :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 14 December 2004

and a lovely 2.0 litre it is pal. think you need to start a post with pics of where yer up to lad!
Cheers mate, was gonna wait till I have put it back together. but I will upload some now

Dave

Lol heard that they are not really that reliable but need more speed! All french cars are pish. But i seem to keep buying them? :confused:
Get a decent 205 gti tho and ull be laffin, if i cud find one that worked id ditch my valver in a flash to get it.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I was wanting more, untill i beat a boxster last night in true style PMSL!!! Wish i filmed it!!!! :oops:

That good? Or is the valver that bad? lol
Er well i love the 205 gtis more than any other hot hatch, but the one i owned was dogged with reliability problems, then i crashed it.

I do like the 16vs but i prefer the 205s

Wouldnt want more in a fwd, saying that my T sport has 190bhp but has to use nannying traction control to get power down, its seems to strangle it!

WOuld want more in a rwd car, or less, have been thinking about a non turbo vx220 or a 160 elise:)

Wouldnt mind more power but only another 50bhp or so.. think any more and would be undrivable. RWD seems the way to go with silly bhp

LY 200

I dont think I crave it although I do like the occasional blag up the duals etc!!!

Id quite like a scoob in the next year or 2!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

LOL

at the mo id like a bit less power, i keep spinning in 3rd at the mo, In the summer i made go up to 270 horses tho.