ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever wonder.....

BMW M3
Yeah, i was actually stopped at the gym by a women saying she was looking for a clio, and asking why mine looks so fancy lol.

Tried to explain its a performance version and a bit more expensive (basically, she didnt look the type to use it as intended) but she wasnt interested and just wanted it for its looks... even had a wee seat inside lol

The carpenters working on our house always like to make some comment to the effect of "did you borrow your mum's car?"!!!

I don't know what people think when they see my Trophy especially when I rocket up behind them, overtake and disappear round the next bend going twice their speed!?!?!

Golf R/Leon FR
as said i dont care what other people think
most of my mates dont understand why i like my car so much!! until they get in it :)

my dad loves my RS-1, and went to go look at one after i bought mine lol

BMW M3
Almost all of my mates dont know cars too well, and usually ask me for advise for their next purchase lol

So i get the pi$$ taken out of me when i get annoyed about a scratch and spend money making it handle and go faster... as well as changiong brakes and suspension myself lol.

Their always like " its so clean... your so gay" lol

Then when i take them places they begin to realise my enthusiasm for it lol.

One of my mates works for Ascari though so appriciates it. His sister bf has a CTR and he prefers mine lol

Good Lad

172 cup
As someone who has never been into french cars, i nerver cared if they were quick or not and i cant remember having ever seen them driven quickly on the road

I get the girls car comment, but its a fair comment.

But on the road no one really pays it any attention which can be quite handy.
one of the reasons i got the cup was because it is so discrete

I find greet pleasure in laughing at tastelessly chaved up cars so if someone wants to mock mine, then i havn't got a problem with that.
I still enjoy driving it even if it is a french girls car

Personally I see cars as something to experience and enjoy but I don't have the slightest interest in trying to make a car better than it is. I'd rather put that money towards buying a better car in the first place.

I find that especially the case with things like Clios and Civics etc... because, at the end of the day they are cheap, FWD family hatchbacks! On the SEAT forums a lot of guys would get their cars chipped and go on about out accelerating Porsches and TVRs etc... but at the end of the day, the other people are driving 2 seat RWD sports cars...!!!!

I don't see cars as status symbols, and I will consider anything and judge it on its merits. Similarly out and out top speed/acceleration is not overly important. I see a difference between fast cars and quick cars. A jet powered dragster is a fast car a 1.4 Caterham is a quick car.

For me heaven would be a bright, clear, dry winters day with the top down in a Boxster S in the mountains..... People may call me a hair dresser or infer that I've got a poor man's 911 but personally I'd know that I was driving one of the finest handling vehicles ever made and that's all I need!

Dyson
My Mrs loves it. All her mates are driving around in 1.2 clios!
One of her work mates went out and bought a V6 rover 75.... He thinks cos his car is a V6 he'd slaughter her poxy little clio. Tosser. I just laughed when she told me. I'd so love to wipe the smile off his face...

Nissan 350Z
I find very few people know what a "182" is. There is a few people at work who know what it is, but even then only maybe a couple of those know what its capable of. The ones who are into cars know what they are capable of.

However it makes me laugh what some people think. For example, one lad thinks it would be "annihilated" by a Type R. I dont think he believed me when I said it would be very close up to 100. Another lad thinks his A3 TDI would murder it. He will get a nasty shock one day! To be fair, one lad does acknowledge that he would have to try his hardest to get past in his Ibiza 1.8T (chipped), and readily admits mine would murder the Ibiza on the corners.

I also remember pulling up at this site i have to visit at work, in a rough area of newcastle. These two labourer blokes standing around when i got out said "girls car that mate, is that your girlfriends?". I just said "aye", couldnt be bothered to argue. He then went on to say "you want a big car like a vectra or audi". I struggled to contain my laughter. I'm not so insecure that i'd feel the need to have a big car to "prove my manliness". Indeed, I prefer small cars, they are much more fun to drive IMHO.

However, I kind of like that people dont know what it is, and exhausts excepted, looks quite subtle (well mine does, silver with silver alloys), because you can surprise the hell out of people. It may not be the fastest hot hatch money can be, but its capable of leaving the vast majority of cars on the road for dust, and can even surprise more exotic machinery! I've had looks of sheer disbelief, as my little "girly shopping trolley" either keeps up with, or worse, actually out accelerates supposedly "faster" cars. Especially as I think people assume that most clios are 1.2s or 1.4s at best.

Perhaps even funnier than that though, is peoples reaction when they are passengers while you are driving, particularly if they've got the wrong idea about it. Simple fact is, most just dont assume it will be that fast. I've had people actually turn white with fear, as the needle reaches 100 mph in the time it takes many peoples car to get to 70 :D In fact i am pretty sure i've still got someone nail marks in the dash. A few who arent into cars have stated "this is pretty bloody nippy this like", and most usually have a big grin on their face.

In the end i think the Clio RS is a cool car. Personally i think its fairly stylish. Not chavvy at all, perhaps arguably except the exhausts (but i kinda like those), but Renault should be congratulated for making what i think is actually a fairly understated car. Most hot hatches look like they've had a full plethora of Max Power bolt-ons attached to them to make them look sporty, but the Clio can easily be mistook, in the right configuration at least, as a lesser car, and for me, that is definitely part of the appeal. Lets face it, nobody expects to be murdered in their BMW 318 by what they assume is a bog standard supermini :D

Abarth Grande Punto
:lolup: Cracks me up everytime, I love doing that except for when they keep up damn thats annoying.

Except I paid 6k to go just as fast as the executive saloon they paid 40k for :rasp:

or when you realise its not an exec mobile its actually a plain clothed cop car!

An orange one
try seeing peoples faces when they ask about your bodykitted vented chavved up clio has a 3.0 V6 where the back seats should be ;)

happens time and time again! lol

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
awesome would love to have a V6 and shock a few people thinking its a chav car .... something similar happened to me with some 40odd year old guy in a impreza sti recently. he looked at my car at some lights and laughed at what seemed to be my exhaust and failed to look at the 2.0 badges. ... the next set of lights we came accross he had a look of utter disbelief after his ass got spanked by the mighty clio.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd have never thought people would mistake the V6 for a chav car tbh, it's so well known that it must be a fairly uneducated minority who don't know what one is and yet still has enough car interest to mock your 'chav' car.

Clio_Smart
Let people think what they want.

Im only 18 and have mk2 ph1 modded just looks smart.

Ive had it a couple times people say its nice but a girls car and its like boys my age and i say well what do yuo drive and get the normal answer corsa or a saxo or a banged up fiesta.

Then the usual its 1.4/1.6 leave your car any day and im thinking bovard.

The insurance rips them for the 1.4/1.6.

Im 18 with a clio which looks smart im not fussed about speed i prefer style and 1.2 is cheap to insure and petrol etc

When im 21 i will have a fast and nice car i just like to think i have my head screwed on. Not like these chavs boy racer think they can impress girls with the boy racer cars since ive started driving and my clio has been completed i havent had muh luck with girls but once i do i like to think thye will think its smart and nice.

Most NORMAL people say thats well nice is it a sport pack on 1.2 and im like year they thinks its s clio sport pack 1.2 :D

An orange one
you'd be suprised at how little people know about the clio v6 existance, especially in cumbria, not including specific meets or club days, i have seen 2 other vee's on the road since 2001 lol, one mk1 and a blue mk2..