ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you know whats wrong with my Clio

Ive got a 97 1.4 RT and when turning the key the lights on the dashboard come on, the radio comes on, I hear the fuel pump make its usual noise but then nothing happens its completely dead. The engine doesnt turn, or even try to turn. It does this both when the engine is hot and cold.

Then after about 25 mins I turn the key and it starts fine, its done this twice now and Ive got no idea what it is. One of my mates reckons it the immobiliser but sure if it was the fuel pump wouldnt make its noise and thr radio wouldnt come on ?

I cant make it do this so I could take it to Ren and spend a fortune and they may find nothing as it seems to be intermittent.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved ! !

Immobiliser would be a good bet, though Ive no idea why it would then work again after 25 minutes! Same is true of the starter moter (could be seized, but why would it free up of its own accord?!)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

i had this on my fiesta, everythin would work but wen u tried to start there was nothin, wait a bit and it would work. this happened for a few days until it packed up completely, turned out to be the starter motor