ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think this will look good?????

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Just bought some wheels of chrislloyd for £70 with tyres, which i reckon was a proper bargin! I have now refurbed one wheel in black and i think it looks pritty sweet, hopefully they will look nice on my black clio what do ya think?

oh yea im gunna lower my car again next week 60mm this time, do u think if i wrap the alloys in 195/50 r 15s yokohama pradas they will rub, yay or nay? as i dont wanna buy em then find out they r gunna rub as the usual tyres should be 185/55 r 15.

by the way this is the first alloy wheel i have ever refurbed!

P030808_1346.gif

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i spent about 45mins rubbing it down, used a whizzer sander thing at work as the lip was kurbed 2 buggery, then primed it 2 coats, then 4 coats of gloss black then 4 coats of clear laquer, i did all that over the saturday as u gotta wait around for the paint 2 dry

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
its actualy really easy, i would give ya a hand, if u got a spare set of wheels to go on ya car then u can take as much time as u want.

off topic i saw ur car in the workshop on friday, ur bonnet catch was the worst i had seen lol, done a good job on them side strips mind.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
mines lowered 60mm 195-45-15 tyres and it doesnt rub its a mk2 ph1 though so im not 100%

Never above 25mpg
its actualy really easy, i would give ya a hand, if u got a spare set of wheels to go on ya car then u can take as much time as u want.

off topic i saw ur car in the workshop on friday, ur bonnet catch was the worst i had seen lol, done a good job on them side strips mind.

Haha!!! Im actually genuinely proud! Its quite rusty under my bonnet tbh.. :rasp:

Thanks :D Im just finishing the ones on the door off although I think I need a new N/S strip as I cocked up on the paint and it's a bugger to get the wrong paint off!

Hmm I think if I get a set of superleggeras or monza r's Ill get them in white but the ones I got on atm arent anything special.

Was shocked at how I just went in and had it done there and then though!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yep^ on friday we did 17 bonnet catches lol, all for free.

i have some spings for ur motor if ur intrested? 30mm?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yea wel they r coming off on tuesday when my new springs turn up so will let u know

Never above 25mpg
Nice :D!!

Oh btw, does that centre cap go with that alloy or is it off a different type of renault alloy??

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
spose i better crack on with the other 3 next week then, boring but worth it.

Look quite good actually.

How long did you leave between coats ?

And what paint did you use ?

And where from ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Look quite good actually.

How long did you leave between coats ?

And what paint did you use ?

And where from ?

i got all the paint from halfrauds primer, gloss black, and clear coat, was £7 for a 500ml tin mind:S , gunna need another 2 tins of gloss black i think, hopefully i will have em finished by the end of the week. just finished rubbing down the second alloy ready for paint 2 night!:)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
got another 2 finished 2 night woop wopp! 1 more 2 go, hopefully i will put em on saturday along with me 60mm springs, will be posting pics 2, excited for how it will look