ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you...

...hate driving your car when it's dirty but when it's clean, you fall back in love with it? Or... is that just me? Haha! Mine's filthy at the mo... as I bet a lot of others are. At the mo, I just don't want to drive it and don't care how much dirtier it gets. BUT... I'm hoping to give it a bit of tlc this weekend and I'll be watching out for every puddle, mud, etc... Haha!

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Yeh, im a bit like that aswell. Esp when you have spent ages cleaning it making it look all spick and span.

Porsche Boxster987S
after i spend a decent amount of time cleaning mine i try n keep it like that for as long as possible but as soon as i see dirt up the sides it gets ''used'' lol

BG V6, LY 182
i dont know why.
but i love a dirty car?

especially a silver one.

hmmm.

then again, i also like spotless ones.

120d M Sport
clean interior has to be done im afraid vacuum and dash wipedown is a weekly occurance for me...sad maybe but oh well!

LY R26
havent cleaned mine since boxing day, gets to a point when the dirty look becomes cool lol may just be me tho!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I hate being in my car when it's full of crap and dusty - an unfortunate requirement when it's the mrs' daily. Drives much better when all cleaned and all 'avoidable' rattles removed!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Used to be, I actually love it looking really dirty atm for some reason :cool: which is handy as I cba to do anything about it lol.

Don't like a messy interior though, but waiting until I get those car mats until I proper clean it!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
mine doesperform at its best when its spotless, or when its completley manky and when i mean many i mean you would think it was ordered brown with black wheels. i really need to clean mine but when i clean it i clean it for about 5 hours but I only do that every 2 months, usually it gets a quick blast once a week if its lucky with a steam geny.

200 Gordini
I drive slower after a good detail:

1. to try and not get it too dirty lol and 2. so people can admire it aswell as myself

im not bothered in the slightest... winter doesnt bring out the Inferno paint very well, clean or dirty tbh.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
haha thats me,
when its dirty i accually want to sell it,
but once its clean i love it again,
perhaps its the shine that i like

Elise S1 B&C 140
Yeah monaco looks sh*t e dirty, when its dirty i start looking to upgrade, but once i clean it again im happy to keep it a little longer lol.

Renault Sport Clio 172
I can't stand when it's dirty. So I wash it at least once a week. Sometimes twice a week.
But one thing that pissed me of is after I wash my baby and the next day when I wake up in the morning and you see some bird shxt on it.....

Iceberg 172
I keep the interior tidy - ie nothing loose sliding about, no sweet wrappers etc...., and it gets hoovered every now and again when the gravel in the footwell gets deep enough :D

Impossible to keep in spotless with kids in and out every day.

1. to try and not get it too dirty lol and 2. so people can admire it aswell as myself

Doesn't really equate with you avatar that....... :rasp:

I bet you look at your reflection in shop windows as you drive past too! ;)

Balls to that, it's for driving.

I hate driving my car when its dirty, but this is partly down to the fact that it had such a high reputation for being clean in the first place, especially when i saw it for my own eyes the day i bought it off Rich..

Now i clean it as much as possible. Actually which im going to do in 5 mins...

E87 118d M Sport
id definately say that my car 'feels' nicer to drive when its clean!

i know thats silly, but i think she apprecicated being clean and thanks me with a nicer ride.....lol

TT 225
I can't stand when it's dirty. So I wash it at least once a week. Sometimes twice a week.
But one thing that pissed me of is after I wash my baby and the next day when I wake up in the morning and you see some bird shxt on it.....

+1
sods law?

RenaultSport Clio 172
It's a bit hard keeping the car clean at this time of year when you live surrounded by muddy lanes. How that car looks on the outside doesn't change how I feel about driving it. If it's cold inside then I'm not very happy.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The inside of my car is covered in dog hair and the outside is
covered in filth, I prefer it like that.
I undertand that some peoples cars are their pride and joy, but for me
lifes to short to care about how my car looks, its mechanically sound and that good enough for me, I bought it to drive not to look at.

Also the amount of post that read,
"just waxed my car and someones keyed it!"
People like to mess with a nice car,
I dont live in the best area so when its dirty no-one looks at it twice.

mk2 slow. . .

exactly the same as me! when it was dirty realy didnt enjoy driving it, but just washed, polished and waxed it this morning, and can't wait to get out driving it now. nice and slowly to avoid any signs of dirt in frotn of me.:approve:

Clio MK 4
exactly the same as me! when it was dirty realy didnt enjoy driving it, but just washed, polished and waxed it this morning, and can't wait to get out driving it now. nice and slowly to avoid any signs of dirt in frotn of me.:approve:

haha
+1

very sad but i cringe when i see a fat ass lorry coming towards me and the road is slightly wet.

200 Gordini
Doesn't really equate with you avatar that....... :rasp:

I bet you look at your reflection in shop windows as you drive past too! ;)

Balls to that, it's for driving.

TBH this was in my black one and i only became the stig when i got this car.

I've not given the 182 a proper detail yet but im guessing when i do, i'll be the same :boring:

There is one window in town which more like a mirror, i love it! I take a trip there at least twice a day!

These sports do look good dirty though, they look like they are meant to be dirty but saying that once clean i'd have it no other way.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
wow i NEEED some motivation,

mines filthy all year,
its just too cold outside to clean cars,
and once ur hands get wet,
and go numb
eugh, nightmare

Trophy #490
I hate having a mucky car, I mean properly hate it! Really OCD about it, I drive my car daily, and always without fail give it a wipe down before I put it in the garage for the night. I have the mentality that I am young, and have in my opinion a brilliant car, so it's my duty to keep it immaculate.

Iceberg 172
Christ there's a lot of OCD in this thread! :p

Have you people not got more in your lives than worrying about it bit o' road grime on yer car....?! :rasp:

LY V6 with Recaros
I hate my car being dirty but it doesn't stop me wanting to drive it! I much prefer it being clean but with the weather how it has been mine's probably the dirtiest it's ever been! Infact I'm seeing how dirty I can get it before I wash it at the weekend!

williams and trophy
cars for driving..not cleaning.....or so i thought.

dirty/clean..........doesnt change how it handles....doesnt bother me then