ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Key :(

Megane 225 baby! :)

Just got in from being round a mates house tonite for a chinese and went to leave and my car wouldnt deactivate! :cry:Managed to set the alarm of 3 times (with a copper right nearby - fat lot of good he was!!!) finally got it to deactivate by opening the passenger door with the key! :confused:

Anyone know how much a new key is from Reno? And how long it will take them to sort it out? - as think my main key is well and truly b*ggered!!! (thank god I have a spare!!!!):D

Cheers :)

Am trying as we speak but seems I have an unopenable key?!?! Just doesnt want to move!!! grrrrrrrrr :mad:

it is really hard to separate them two parts of the fob, keep trying, youll get there eventually

Okay 2 hours later - one opened key!!!! Take out battery, go to MotorWorld and buy a new matching battery - return home, new battery in key and..................nothing, nada! Same as before!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guess its a trip to Mr Reno on Monday for them to have a look at the key now! :cry: unless anyone else as got any ideas of what to do now? :)

Well, how grumpy am I?!?!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Went to my local Reno dealer yesterday, got them to look at my key - and guess what I need a new one! £85.00 for just a key :eek: and that does not include programming it to my car, that will cost me at least another £30.00 - :eek::mad:, one not very happy Sawa!:(

According to Reno, it will take at least half an hour to do it!!! Key turn combinations shouldnt take that long! :confused:

Ah well, tis lucky I wont have to pay the charges - not what you know, but who you know eh!!!! ;)

Good news - ordered on Monday, arrived today! :eek: Received a text message (Reno have the technology! ;)) to confirm its arrival, just got to book it in now!