ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

doeas a ph1 172 need a spoiler??

172 Mk2 Ph1
My Ph1 172 2000 clio sport is very skitty at high speeds, would a rear spoiler help keep the back end planted a bit better? Has anyone made this modification, it's more for safety and drivability than looks, is there a sensible option, or will aspoiler have no effect whatsoever, help, and experience needed...

Alex

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
No, i am sure that when Renault spent millions designing the car they would not of over looked this matter, if it needed one it would have one.

Leon Cupra R 225
GavFre said:
No, i am sure that when Renault spent millions designing the car they would not of over looked this matter, if it needed one it would have one.

Could not agree more

Ziel Nurburgring
Bag of sand will do the job. Same as the old 5T's, all the weight is in the front and the rear has little to it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
100mph cars do not need spoilers, this is where aerodynamics START to come into the picture, so if the car is skitty at those speeds, it's because it doesn't want to do those speeds.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
You agree that the car 'just doesnt want to do them speeds'..

Its tested to about 140 and will be fine at that speed, downforce is not his problem here, his tracking or other needs correcting, or its all in his head..obviously the car is going to feel alot different at higher speeds.

M2 Competition
alexst said:
My Ph1 172 2000 clio sport is very skitty at high speeds, would a rear spoiler help keep the back end planted a bit better?

Try taking 2 psi out of the rear tyres fella, how much u running front and rear at the mo?

Rear shocks are likely to be screwed, are you running standard springs?

Anything else will kill them a lot faster.

172 Mk2 Ph1
Standard springs, in good nick though, saw them last week, ill try to remove a bit of air out of the rears, they are running to manual spec, poss bit high.

I agree with the whole there'd be one if it was needed theory just thought id see what others thought...Really want to keep it standard and only uprate the nessecary bit, like poss mounts when they go.

Alex

Megane225FF
taken from renaultsport...
Result of wind tunnel tests carried out: Front Cup Spoiler lip gives a 3% reduction in drag Rear Cup Spoiler gives a 2% reduction in drag and a 65% reduction in rear axle lift For info, the V6 rear spoiler, as used on the Trophy, gives an 87% reduction in rear axle lift, compared to the base spoiler

172 Mk2 Ph1
Are the ph1 front and rear spoilers expensive, easy to fit?

Very interested in these following above info...