ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anybody know this RB 182?

It loses good things and gains nothing.

No xenons/leather seats, pikey steering wheel and no climate or aircon, I can never remember which way round.

Titanium 182
Yeah but he can haggle the price down for that reason (It's not a private sale) and RB is one of the most sought after colours so will always sell.

Edit, Climate is the posh one, (19 Degrees C - Auto, only way to roll.)

WANTED: RB 182
Ah yes, I did indeed notice the horrendous seats... looks like I'd be better off holding out and not going for the 'poverty-spec' in your opinion then?

Titanium 182
Up to you, if you can get it for a decent price. The cloth seats actually feel a bit comfier to sit in that the plastic leather ones I have haha.

Ah yes, I did indeed notice the horrendous seats... looks like I'd be better off holding out and not going for the 'poverty-spec' in your opinion then?

Yup. 182 Cups are best avoided. The only people that will tell you different are the owners!

Cups have got aircon mate

Bare in mind the seats will be replaced with Recaros within a month or two of ownership...so apart from climate control, what other sacrifices would I endure by buying a 'Cup' model?

Thanks for the replies so far gays.

Titanium 182
Gays, lmao.

Not much, Doesn't have an engine cover or Xenons. The lack of Xenons to me is probably the worst bit about cups, besides that I think they're alright, especially if you're putting recaros in.

BMW E82 M Sport
Bare in mind the seats will be replaced with Recaros within a month or two of ownership...so apart from climate control, what other sacrifices would I endure by buying a 'Cup' model?

Thanks for the replies so far gays.

Xenon headlights & the steering wheel is different ( not as nice as the FF ) but it can be changed ;)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Never knew about the steering wheel. Why on earth isn't it the same as the 172/172 cup/182?

And the seats! They look massively gash.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally, i dont see anything wrong with buying a 182 Cup, in fact, id say it was preferable. Why?

No climate - the dash panel will break anyway
No Leather Steering wheel - it rips/falls apart, retrim if your that bothered
No Xenons - cheaper bulbs/less expensive to fix
No leather seats - only £200 if you really want it.

So there you have it. Its french, so a more basic one comes with less things to break.

At just over £4k, its the best colour (bar pink) and looks nice enough. Winner imho.

Dave, thanks for giving me an insightful, non-monosyllabic answer to my question. I haven’t ever had a car with climate control so I’d hardly miss it and I don’t drive in the dark often at all apart from in winter.. as you say its less to go wrong and its cheaper to fix.

Clio 182, BMW 645
The lack of climate control is no big deal imo. It has air con so you will be kept cool.

As for the Xenons... They do make a massive difference, but I wouldn't base my decision on them.

But... £4000+ for those is too much imo. When you can get an FF for 1k less I'd get the FF every time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know it as in i've seen it driving around market drayton (Work near there)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The 182 Cup's pointless. Less stuff for zero gain.

Plus, they're practically the same price as a decent FF.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Personally I'd go FF 182 with Cup Packs as others have said there is little to be gained from the Cup.

If you searched hard you could maybe find a FF with the Recaros already fitted..Thats if your thinking Trendlines anyway??

How much do Trophy's go for nowadays if you aren't too worried about comforts??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ my old 172 had 77k and the steering wheel was like new.

Personally I'd go FF 182 with Cup Packs as others have said there is little to be gained from the Cup.

If you searched hard you could maybe find a FF with the Recaros already fitted..Thats if your thinking Trendlines anyway??

How much do Trophy's go for nowadays if you aren't too worried about comforts??

That would be dead handy if it was to come with the Trendlines...if not i will be going down the Recaro Pole Position route I think...

I know it as in i've seen it driving around market drayton (Work near there)

Driven or redlined?

With only 40k miles?

Mileage needs to be no more then 50k for me and cambelt needs to have been done, that link fits my cryteria fine and am 90% sure if i can get them down to £4 /£4.1k id take it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Driven, always looked well looked after TBH, but i don't know anything about it.

work for BMW
pointless saying omg dont get cup its so bad when for people like me who dont care about leather seats or climte control its perfectly fine

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nothing wrong with a 182 Cup. I'd have one no question. If your looking at Recaros, then thats even better. Only real thing your missing is Xenons which on the Mk2 are pony anyway, scatter all over the place. Listening to some pikeys on here you'd think the normal versions are fitted out by Bentley or something. Thats fine of you call fake plastic 'leather' and a melting steering wheel quality ;)

Thats only 2 mins from my gf's house (the first cup posted) Looks a good'un to me! (just missing its front splitter) In fact i'd say from the pics it looks a beaut, go in at 3.8 and see what happens!

Driven, always looked well looked after TBH, but i don't know anything about it.

Ah cool. As long as you havent seen it being ragged at 100mph past primary schools etc that'll do me :D

Nothing wrong with a 182 Cup. I'd have one no question. If your looking at Recaros, then thats even better. Only real thing your missing is Xenons which on the Mk2 are pony anyway, scatter all over the place. Listening to some pikeys on here you'd think the normal versions are fitted out by Bentley or something. Thats fine of you call fake plastic 'leather' and a melting steering wheel quality ;)

Thats only 2 mins from my gf's house (the first cup posted) Looks a good'un to me! (just missing its front splitter) In fact i'd say from the pics it looks a beaut, go in at 3.8 and see what happens!

The first one if the one im going to go for, i've just emailed them a few Q's about it, i.e when was the cambelt done etc etc so hopefullly i get a reply soon then ill give the guy a call and arrange to view [Buy]

Ill let you know what the seller says and take it from there, thanks for the help amigos!