ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know how to set up a website to get around web blocks on certain compute

I have been reading this thread below and wandered how Conneh managed to set up this proxy thats allowed you to get onto Cs when places like workplaces and colleges had blocked it.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=416102&highlight=xp+administrator+password

Where do you get theses Proxy addresses from ?

And how do you set them up to add links to the above to allow you to access websites such as Cliosport etc ?

Am i guessing its like an external website that aint blocked with a link to Cs on it that you click on ?

But when you click on the link how does it get you through to Cs without the Websense (or what ever software the company uses to block certain websites) picking it up ?

Am i right in saying it goes through a web address proxy that the websense etc doesnt pick up ?

Any help would be appreciated as i'm new to ll this as you can tell but interested how to set up something like Conneh did.

Last edited:
Re: Does anyone know how to set up a website to get around web blocks on certain com

God you're desperate to get onto Facebook at work!

:lolup:

Re: Does anyone know how to set up a website to get around web blocks on certain com

God you're desperate to get onto Facebook at work!

:lolup:

Just bored out my tiits big style bud.
I've been sitting around since monday and i tried to access You Tube to watch videos and watch things on Bbc I player, Games websites etc to pass time but it aint having it.
Its even blocked Ebuddy etc

Theres f**k all to do, the joys of your room mate being on nights and the recreation room being the only place to go.

Lol

185lb/ft dCi

your initial connection is to the proxy address, meaning it will get passed websense if it is not blocked. then you pass the proxy a command telling it to go www.cliosport.net or whatever, which in turn gets this information and passes it back through to you. websense only see's the traffic between you and the proxy and not the proxy and cliosport.

your initial connection is to the proxy address, meaning it will get passed websense if it is not blocked. then you pass the proxy a command telling it to go www.cliosport.net or whatever, which in turn gets this information and passes it back through to you. websense only see's the traffic between you and the proxy and not the proxy and cliosport.

Ah right,

Cheers mate.

Any ideas how to get to a proxy that won't be picked up by Websense ?
As any website or searches with the word Proxy in it are blocked.

It comes up

logo.gif

Access Denied

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Proxy Avoidance"

For assistance, contact the service desk on 01224 247111.

And You Tube etc comes up with this

logo.gif

Access Denied

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Media Sharing,Open/Mixed Content;Audio/Video Clips"

Any ways round it ?

Has anyone know any websites that allow access and doesn't have the word proxy in it ?

185lb/ft dCi

well the only way around is to avoid their filtering, if you ask conneh nicely enough he might remove the word Proxy off his form. Other than that, you need to go home, find a list of decent proxy's, preferably ip addresses rather than web applications, then when you go into work, bring up your browser, go to tools then options and it should have option somewhere to input some proxy details

if i found you doing this on my network you would soon be found to be without a job

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

^ Was just gonna say the same thing.. If I find a user on my network trying to circumvent IT security policies they would be looking elsewhere for work !

Is it worth it ?

185lb/ft dCi

rules are there to be broken right? how are we going to learn about IT sec without experimenting :evil:

you will have plenty of time to experiment while jobless :)

185lb/ft dCi

i've found many network admins to be lazy and would not even spot critical security threats if i put them under their noses. anyway i don't even have a job yet lol still a student.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

^ Was just gonna say the same thing.. If I find a user on my network trying to circumvent IT security policies they would be looking elsewhere for work !

Is it worth it ?

+1

I've seen people sacked for it (and I've given evidence to get people thrown out too :p)

Websense admins know all

185lb/ft dCi

well if your clever enough, you wouldn't use your own account. but lets not say anymore.

also an offence and its not like we cant see what machine the account logged in from. the fact is you try to get round it or even if you do then your fired

185lb/ft dCi

yes, i wouldn't recommend circumventing security unless they know what they are doing.

edit: but is really proxying a sackable offense? kids in schools do it all the time

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

well if your clever enough, you wouldn't use your own account. but lets not say anymore.

If you're clever enough you wouldn't bother, it isn't worth it.

It'd be easier to befriend the IT staff and get put on the nice list, rather than the naughty one

185lb/ft dCi

lol depends how badly people need to get on facebook, surely though its without malicious intent, a warning first maybe?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Nope, it's gross misconduct in every place I've worked. You aren't allowed to circumvent IT security

185lb/ft dCi

fair play, i'll remember that the next time i'm downloading the next conficker worm...joke

182, turbo rx8, 911

This is what iPhones are for

if i found you doing this on my network you would soon be found to be without a job

Is it worth it ?

rules are there to be broken right? how are we going to learn about IT sec without experimenting :evil:

you will have plenty of time to experiment while jobless :)

+1

I've seen people sacked for it (and I've given evidence to get people thrown out too :p)

Websense admins know all

also an offence and its not like we cant see what machine the account logged in from. the fact is you try to get round it or even if you do then your fired

I work offshore for a third party contractor (explains the lot of time sitting around) and go around various rigs worldwide.
So its no big deal to me if i got caught i always have other rigs/jobs to go to.
The computer is for communal use and everyone logs in with the same password so kinda hard to figure out whos on at any time unless the can un-encrypt data and have key loggers etc at the IT end to figure out whos who when your logging into email accounts etc

This is what iPhones are for

Too far away for a signal :(

DMS

A thirsty 172

There is a very easy way to achieve this.
All you need is a web host that supports PHP.
You then create a page with a simple form where you enter a web address to navigate to and parse it through a PHP include, which the page then redirects to.
Then you can use a bit of simple Javascript or VBScript to replace URL's on the returned page with http(s)://your.web.site.address/page.php?include=<Original_URL>
Because the content is being delivered to the client via a page that isn't blocked by the web proxy filter you'll be able to browse whatever web sites you want.

This may also be possible in ASP using the server.include SSI.

But if I caught someone doing it on my network they'd find a size 11 shoe up their arse :D

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Can't websense be set up to look for stuff like that in the string?

Cupra

^^ It can, but probably wont be set up to. It depends on how actively it is monitored. I check through our logs occasionally to see which sites are using the most bandwidth etc. Uncategorised sites are also blocked which means that 99% of all proxies will not get through. Staff deliberately trying to get around the systems get a slap on the wrist and are put on the naughty list here.

I wanted to get Websense this time around but budget restraints meant that we went for Barracuda instead. :(

Still does the job to a certain extent.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

I prefer Surf Control to WS.. I miss it

DMS

A thirsty 172

Yes it can, but as Andy said it most probably won't be configured to.
The "?include=" bit doesn't have to actually read like that either. The word "include" is just the name of a variable which gets appended to the URL fetched by the web server and presented inline to the web browser, so it could read "?sausages=" for all it matters.
Nobody's going to go into websense and filter that out, or indeed anything passed via the URL - it'd probably break close to 100% of all PHP / ASP based websites. It'd certainly break CS (showthread.php?t=488906 wouldn't work for example).

/geek.

DMS

A thirsty 172

Yep. Or CS :p

There is a very easy way to achieve this.
All you need is a web host that supports PHP.
You then create a page with a simple form where you enter a web address to navigate to and parse it through a PHP include, which the page then redirects to.
Then you can use a bit of simple Javascript or VBScript to replace URL's on the returned page with http(s)://your.web.site.address/page.php?include=<Original_URL>
Because the content is being delivered to the client via a page that isn't blocked by the web proxy filter you'll be able to browse whatever web sites you want.

This may also be possible in ASP using the server.include SSI.

But if I caught someone doing it on my network they'd find a size 11 shoe up their arse :D

Cheers mate.

Where do i find a web host that supports PHP ?

Bear with me as some of the ideas is going over my head but i'd like to figure out how to do it.

I don't think there using Websense, the reason i think that is i have been offshore on different places before that have used Websense and it has came up on the screen "Blocked by websense" when you try and access certain sites.
All i get on the screen when i try and access things is this.

logo.gif

Access Denied

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Proxy Avoidance"

And You Tube etc comes up with this

logo.gif

Access Denied

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Media Sharing,Open/Mixed Content;Audio/Video Clips"

DMS

A thirsty 172

Google is a good starting point if looking for a web host.
If you want to do this though, you'd have to learn PHP which is an entire server side scripting language - a bit overkill just so you can watch p**n at work IMO.

185lb/ft dCi

tbh mate, buying webspace and building your own proxy server is going to be abit of a big mountain to clime if you don't even know where to find a webhost. just stick to finding some proxy sites that aren't blocked, have a good google search, it will bring plenty up

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Ace, I know where you work now, and the number for your helpdesk :p

GW RS200

I found quite a novel way to circumvent boredom at place of employment. WORK! Lazy **** (Apologies if you aren't actually at a place of work!).

Is it worth it ?

+1

Websense admins know all
BOFHs