ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know what this engine part it?

172 CUP
Ok so i was in my engine bay this morning looking at a blown bulb when i saw this beauty lying in the engine bay. I did hear a loud noise last week when i was driving, but thought it could of just been something hitting the underside of the car. So does anyone know what this piece is and where it goes? Do i actually need this piece, if not a bit of weight saved ;) lol

fz5kr7.gif

21mb7ep.gif

I'm taking a guess that it goes somewhere below the manifold? But correct me if i'm wrong
ruy1i8.gif

cheers

kizza

SG9 Forester STi
Fuel rail cover. No you don't need it but it does neaten things up. Where on earth in the bay did you find it? Joke?

172 CUP
If I was to put it back in how does it connect up? No joke, if you look at my last pic it was wedged between the metal pipe and the plastic pipes

They shear off so easily, its happend on mine, you really should put it back, but i do question if it would actually do anything except snap off just the same in an accident. Someone will be along shortly with the part numbers for the bolts.

182 Trophy #333
Mine sheared off 2 days ago, found it in exactly the same place as you did! You'll be able to spot the 2 broken studs easily, in fact you can make them out in the picture! I ended up getting my replacements off a laguna at the scrap yard for £5, its a 10 minute job to swap them over and refit the cover too!