ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone take the piss when you say you have a clio?

133/225/CLS AMG
I used to get a fair few comments about my 172 at my last job. One guy just kept referring to it as a chav car and really couldn't handle the fact that it would out perform his 1.8T Audi A3.
Also used to get the comment from my old boss 'Its only a Clio' and i'd just be sat there thinking 'a Clio that would urinate from a height on your 180bhp Audi TT!!' hahahaha

307 hdi (powered by derv)
I got pulled over the other night by the police and they called it a womens shopping car with a big engine and sporty suspension. ha ha. Cheeky gits.

Mondeo STTDCI
When asked - I say a Clio.

Anyone that has a clue about me says "Yeah I bet its a fast one though aint it?".

I just say "Fairly Nippy".

Clio 172 mk2
clioman said:
I got pulled over the other night by the police and they called it a womens shopping car with a big engine and sporty suspension. ha ha. Cheeky gits.

Kunts more like....that's typical of the police

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I just say i drive a clio.Then when they see it they pay more attention because its always so clean...

ian

Clio 1.2, Maserati 3200GT
ant_v6 said:
An 172 with an after market exhaust and some lowered dampers showing up BMW M3s and Lotus Elises? Dreamer.

Back to the real world, I had the same conversation in a pub today following a nutty drive down to the South Coast with some TVRs (and other stuff). The passenger from one of them (who looked about 13!) started going on about how much he liked my car and how I had bought the 'man version'. Apparently all the other's are women's cars? Spent a few minutes highlighting the unisex qualities of the faster Clios and how Colin Chapman's lightweight principles were alive and well in these little cars – don't think it went in but I did try.

My Clio 1.2 Versailles is not a woman's car! :mad:

I get it all of the time, My mate had a 2.5 V6 Mondeo, which i beat him in a race! He then wanted me to race him on his bike, (A GSXR 600) he overtook me at 148 MPH and he had a gear left to go up!! that was on a motorway, but he was shocked when we went around a country lane, he couldnt get passed me cos there was loads of corners. so every time he mentiones that my car is "French Shite" I remind him that his "Superbike" cant overtake it round the country lanes, which he replies wait untill the summer!

i also get that its a haidressers car aswell, thing is, the standard clio does look a bit girly, but not the sport models, with bigger wheels and lower etc. but im happy with it and i think thats what counts. Im only 23 and i have a car that goes faster than just about anybody i work with, so im happy with that!!

RenaultSport clio Cup 172
Yeah, I get it all the time. They normally ask if it's my Mums car... so I say "bypass... 0-100, lets have it!!!" They normally shut up.

172 cup TT
mk2_172_silver said:
He then wanted me to race him on his bike, (A GSXR 600) he overtook me at 148 MPH and he had a gear left to go up!! that was on a motorway

Thats a joke right? - Or did he give you a 5 mile head start?? - The 600 does 100 in just over 7 secs!.. you make it sound like it was really close and that he JUSSSTTT pipped it after you run out of steam on the Mway... he would have been long long gone fella..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol i get it all the time at work, get told to buy a real car (guy has a 1.8 vectra!) and also get my other mate telling me to buy a mans car, a diesel! (1.4 HDi pug 206)

they just dont realise that none of the above go round corners half as fast as mine ;)

1.2 16v clio
a 206 is more of a girly car hen a clio my mate tried 2 call my car girly i just rarsed him hes ad bout 3 month drivin experience ive ad 3days lol hes got a corsa 1.4 ive got a 1.2 16v he didnt like it lol

NEED V6!
i got pulled over twice on tuesday and was very lucky,thing is both police officers asked whether i had modded my engine lol how weird is that and the one in coventry said he was struggling to keep up(he was in mondeo st)
and said my car is quite fast but still i only got a warning

Arctic Blue 182
:mad:My boss calls my car chav and bling and says it looks like a boiled sweet. :mad:
He drives a mercedes CLS class coupe which is constantly going wrong - i could say loads about his car but i wouldnt lower myself to his level so i keep my mouth shut.;)

M140i/Orange 182
i get good positive comments about my car, although one of my mates does comment on how its french and it will always be bk at the dealer, which only happened twice...one for a 18k service and the other for spark plugs this was on my old 1.2.

some people have said "why didnt you go for a type R" i simply said they are bread vans and people who drive them think they are the tits...clios look fun and are fun FULLSTOP

Floodie said:
Thats a joke right? - Or did he give you a 5 mile head start?? - The 600 does 100 in just over 7 secs!.. you make it sound like it was really close and that he JUSSSTTT pipped it after you run out of steam on the Mway... he would have been long long gone fella..

This was just after coming through a tunnel, no joke, he over took me at 148, cant see why thas difficult to understand, i could have just been doiugn 40 and he couild have still passed me at that speed.

Floodie said:

This was just after coming through a tunnel, no joke, he over took me at 148, cant see why thas difficult to understand, i could have just been doin 40 and he couild have still passed me at that speed.

RenaultSport clio 182
never had anyone call it a hairdressers car, thought mx5s,mr2s and sports kas were generally considered hairdresser cars!

if anyone asks i just say 'Clio 182'

I used to race people all the time in my old Saxo VTS but I don't tend to bother now, unless its some real tosser, even then I just leave them and slow back down soon enough. I don't feel like I have anything to prove now, the car looks fast enough anyway....or maybe i'm getting old and claming down lol!

Monaro VXR
girl182 said:
:mad:My boss calls my car chav and bling and says it looks like a boiled sweet. :mad:
He drives a mercedes CLS class coupe which is constantly going wrong - i could say loads about his car but i wouldnt lower myself to his level so i keep my mouth shut.;)

It is not a coupe though. It got 2 many doors for a start.

M140i/Orange 182
jazzfunkster said:
never had anyone call it a hairdressers car, thought mx5s,mr2s and sports kas were generally considered hairdresser cars!

if anyone asks i just say 'Clio 182'

I used to race people all the time in my old Saxo VTS but I don't tend to bother now, unless its some real tosser, even then I just leave them and slow back down soon enough. I don't feel like I have anything to prove now, the car looks fast enough anyway....or maybe i'm getting old and claming down lol!

i dont see the point of blarsting though a high street full of people, if you wanna race go to santa pod or a place were there is no pedestrians...ok fair enuff if some tit pulls up to the lights next to reving the feck out of his motor then crush him...

as you said jazz nothing to prove with the 182:)

Cup 172
i have not read all this thread so this might have been said before......RENAULT=F1 world champions!!!!....end of story :)

MINI JCW
I just say to people i have a clio, 90% have never heard of a 182 so theres no point telling them. If anyone says my car is crap then thats fine as I know how capable it is and I like it and to me thats all that matters.

Funny that this thread is up, as this happen to me a few months ago.

My boss, thinks he's a petrol head, saw my clio and starting ripping it big time....

Yep the usual, we've all had it.

Girly car.......blah blah blah......

It wasn't til a week later that he came in the office with a lot of respect for it!!!

ER!!!! Hang on!!! What happened!!!

He drives an A6 estate 2.5 TDI quattro btw

Basically, it must have been someone on the forum as he spotted the cliosport sticker, he was sat at 120mph on the M11 and was shocked when someone starting flashing him to move over, he moved over and he said his chin dropped when a clio like mine past him with ease.

OWNED!!!!!

Very satisfying, just wish it were me that past him.

Mike_S said:
Funny that this thread is up, as this happen to me a few months ago.

My boss, thinks he's a petrol head, saw my clio and starting ripping it big time....

Yep the usual, we've all had it.

Girly car.......blah blah blah......

It wasn't til a week later that he came in the office with a lot of respect for it!!!

ER!!!! Hang on!!! What happened!!!

He drives an A6 estate 2.5 TDI quattro btw

Basically, it must have been someone on the forum as he spotted the cliosport sticker, he was sat at 120mph on the M11 and was shocked when someone starting flashing him to move over, he moved over and he said his chin dropped when a clio like mine past him with ease.

OWNED!!!!!

Very satisfying, just wish it were me that past him.

What a twot doing 120mph.

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
So far the only person to take the piss out of my valver is a mate who drives a 1.2 16v. 03 plate(guess on age) clio. He came upto me and said "like yer old banger there shaun think you wanna get a newer one like this it will be much faster" So i said we should go for a little burn and the inevitable happened, he went 0-60 in about 16 seconds by which point i was round the next corner and onto the A2, let him catch up then showed him again along the motorway. After we stopped he was in total disbelief and soon changed his mind :)