ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does chromecast work with an AV Receiver?

2014 Focus Titanium
I tried to find the thread Tom (I think?) created about the Chromecast Dongle.

I'm really tempted with one of these, but want to know if it will work with my Denon AVR1912 AV Receiver, I'm guessing it will as it's just producing a video and audio signal like any other HDMI source so it should work perfectly.

The reason I ask is for music, my AVR supports Airplay but the Google Music app does not so I have to use Bubble uPnP, but that doesn't help if I want to play a song that's not in my library. I have my PC connected into my amp too, but it would just be easier sometimes if I could play it straight from my phone without having to turn the PC on. It would also be good for other stuff, especially since they've now released the SDK to devs.

Tom - I know you had some initial teething problems with the CC, what do you think to it now? I suspect I'll get a bit more use out of it having an Android phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes. Apparently it works fine.

i used the CC with the ios google music app, worked fine.