ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does it really need mods....

wats up guys

im expecting a brand new clio 182 delivered in about 2 months. just wondering, if i put some 17s or 18s wheels on, will it affect performance to a bad point or make it better?? i know already that ride quality will be poor but in some ways im willing to make that sacrifice.... what do you guys think???

Ziel Nurburgring

17s and 18s will slow acceleration down, ruin handling but look better. So its a real trade off between stlye and performance.

Personally id get a panel filter (ITG etc), get to prospeed or similar for a cat back or decat exhaust and maybe if you have money left over think about coilovers.

133/225/CLS AMG

I put 17s on my 172 and it hasnt affected the handling or acceleration, at least if you change the wheels it will stand out from the others!:D

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 16 March 2005You still need Tom and Lee, maybe James? Definitely SpecialK!

What? lol

Induction and exhaust never do any harm if you want it to sound a bit more interesting, performance gains are relatively minor.

I like the way they look so personally wouldnt mess with any of that.

[Edited by Lee on 3/17/2005 10:05:18 AM]

One thing about going to 17", most people reckon they dont notice a difference, but when they go back down to 16"s they do!

H22A7 Accord Type R

steer clear of going up a size in the wheel department mate!! Those cars are special as they are :D Filter and exhaust id say! Purely for the noise!!

if youve got a nice steak and cheese subway sandwich. you dont then go and put orange flavour sherbert in it do you?

you see my point?

big wheels are nice. just not on the clio.

Black Clio 182

put a bodykit on it haha!! ave never seen a 172/182 with a bodykit i dont thinks so would be different lol.