ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the F4R engine suffer from Oil surge when using slicks on track?

Lionel Richie
I know the guy who looks/looked after the renaultsport engines, only a few from memory died from oil starvation, and it was debatable "what" caused it

182 FF
You still run them today in 2011, My mini would not make it round the 1st corner with out one. O and its much quicker than my 172 to.

DSC00139.jpg

I like your mini, it looks like its wearing a Fez;)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
If you want piece of mind just fit a baffled sump. Maybe it will save the engine or maybe its not needed but if you are going to pansy round the corners due to worry then you need it..

Monaco Blue Clio 172
"how many of you guys that state the clio doesn't suffer from surge actually work for clio cup race teams during the mk2 era? how many of you guys bang a clio pinned through coram in 4th while the car want to exit stage left?"

I work with TCR's old clio team manager Lez, does that make me more or less qualified to comment??? You should have run propper racing cars, we had dry sumps and no oil surge problems ;)
Might have a complete dry sump set up available soon if anybody is interested???!!!

Monaco Blue Clio 172
The propper racing cars from the Renault Sport range come with dry sumps..........single seaters - I am biased!!!!

I was refering to the old spec Tatus Formula Renault 2.0 cars. We still got an engine sitting in our storage container with a genuine Renault Sport sump and pump brackets etc after we sold our cars last year. Just taking up space and no use to us Im sure the boss would be quite happy to get rid for cash!!!!!

lift number 1 @ btm
The propper racing cars from the Renault Sport range come with dry sumps..........single seaters - I am biased!!!!

I was refering to the old spec Tatus Formula Renault 2.0 cars. We still got an engine sitting in our storage container with a genuine Renault Sport sump and pump brackets etc after we sold our cars last year. Just taking up space and no use to us Im sure the boss would be quite happy to get rid for cash!!!!!

This has been discused a lot on here, from what I can remember people are saying that the pickup is designed for a longitudinal application but not so good for transverse.