ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this look right?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Quick pic of the gaitor, is it suppose to be like this?

im pretty sure the small side is suppose to be stuck to the shaft everytime, and its were people use jubilee clips instead, then the rubber gaitor stretches and bolts to the box,

Have i got it right?

DSCF0198.jpg

Suzuki Ignis
I think the smaller end is meant to be pushed right up to that cap on the right, not sure, dont remember it looking like that though.
When its actually pushed into the box, the rubber boot doesnt stretch that far, it doesnt need to go as far as the end.
As long as its tight and doesnt leak then I suppose it doesnt really matter.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye thats the thing, in that picture i couldnt push the small rubber part right to the end, but when you looking at it, if it doesnt reach the both ends then clearly oil will flow out which i think thats what's happening on mine.

Il test my theory tomorrow with a new, jubilee on small end then stretch the boot and bolt it on :)