ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doh

Family Bus
I had a slight meeting with a random bit of concrete :(

Resulted in me ripping the splitter off the front, and embedding a few nice paint scrapes on the front bumper.

Fail tbh.

Im convinced the concrete jumped out at me.

Keep hearing about Chips Away doing small paint jobs? Anyone had any dealings with them?

:eek:

Better than yours. C*nt.
Failure.

Not sure on Chips Away, but if it's just grazing it's fairly easy to touch up and wet sand, but then I got a small couple of scratches down to the plastic on my Megane bumper and the repair guy that does all my local garage's chips and paintwork said he'd want to respray it as he didn't think he could get it up to a decent standard...

Not much help I'm afraid. Pics? Maybe easier to see.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Oh yeah, i've heard about that jumping concrete...it ups and moves at random, even more so this time of year.
So really....what did you do? Nerf a high kerb or something?

There are plenty of companys out there who will do small local paint damage work on your driveway. Do a Google.

Family Bus
Did it at the farm where the horse is stabled...

Pulled into a space between 2 4x4's, looked completely clear in front of me....cue cringworthy crunch... pulled back, and there's literally a random bit of concrete sticking up ...couldnt see if when pulling into the space at all.

:(

320d
Gutted, i had a smart repair done decently, was a good price and looks to be a good job, although i cant tell because its under 8 feet of dirt lol

Golf
Scratched the bottom of my front bumper on a high kerb the other day, s**t feeling when you hear that crunch/scraping sound :(

106 GTi
Ask to see some work of the Smart Repair person before you commit - quality varies massively and is only as good as the person doing it.

Hope you get it sorted.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Unlucky :dapprove:

My m8 done something similar last week to his Vee :nono: scraped a shedload of fresh paint off the bottom of the bumper

:lolup: Oh how I laughed - 2 mins after picking it up from a respray as well - UBER FAIL!

cool!......does it match the concrete fence post scares?!?

GLASSSES.jpg
may help IIRC

;)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Mine was right down to the plastic when a kerb got in the way... was about 6 inches along the underside corner and paint man just did that bit & did a good job.
Which was good cause he fucked the respray of the back panel right up.

Hope you get it sorted soon chick!

Trophy #490
:dapprove: Such a horrible feeling, the noise of it when it scrapes makes you cringe.
Heard good things about Chips Away though, a mate did a similar thing in his white S2 Rallye and they sorted it for him.
Hope you get it sorted :)

Fabia VRS
Had chips away do a repair on my back bumper that was there when i bought it. Did a good job, but the paint under the light went a bit funny. But to be fair the bloke came straight back out and sorted it. looks better than ever now!!:)