ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doing an MCP qualification through long distance/online learning?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
I want to get a couple of MCP quals under my belt but haven't really got time to do a classroom course. Has anyone done a long distance MCP or other MS course or can anyone recommend an online place that I should check out for it?

Cheers in advance

Ric

CSX

172 CUP!
Would recommend self study via Books/Virtual Machines if you have the motivation for it.

Alot cheaper and more rewarding. :)

Fabia vRS
i am doing mine online and the company i work for paid for all the books, plus an online course with videos and stuff.

i have now had it a year and have done 1 exam, 70-270 xp administration.

completing the mcse for me would mean a 20% rise, but for some reason i just can't work up the motivation to do it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Motivation? 20% pay rise not enough? :)

I think these distance courses depend on the person, like the chap above as much as I want to get stuff like this done I'd struggle keeping interest with a drawn out distance learning method.

I'd rather just go take the exams, or go on a weeks course to get back up to scratch then do the exam. And if you're already doing the job for a lot of the MS ones then I don't think the exams are going to be too bad.

I think things like boot camp type courses are ok as long as you have the experiance to back them up, a good way to get going very quickly :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
i have my MCSE, i wouldn't have liked to have done it distance learning or by textbook, i think you learn alot from discussing other peoples experiences in a classroom environment etc.

Fiesta ST
i have my MCSE, i wouldn't have liked to have done it distance learning or by textbook, i think you learn alot from discussing other peoples experiences in a classroom environment etc.

I agree - I got my MCSE through doing a college course it's easy to quiz the tutor on stuff if you need to :) virtual PC is great though for doing all the practical stuff.

i am doing mine online and the company i work for paid for all the books, plus an online course with videos and stuff.

i have now had it a year and have done 1 exam, 70-270 xp administration.

completing the mcse for me would mean a 20% rise, but for some reason i just can't work up the motivation to do it.

I'm exactly the same, done 1 exam and nearly ready for another but I just can't get motivated to do it alot of the time.

Classroom is much easier but costs alot more.

CSX

172 CUP!
Agree you can't beat class room training... however you can download CBT's and study/learn from them then use Virtual PC's

Pause Video, try it on a Virtual PC... press play! you can't do that in a class room! All depends on how quickly you want that MCSE and extra money £££!

CertForums (http://www.certforums.co.uk/index.php?) is a nice friendly community dedicated to help with self study, got a problem/need help just ask!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
A friend's off to do the 2 Exchange 2007 'Pro' exams tomorrow, he's just used what he knew for 2003 and read a book, brave man :p