ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don’t you just hate it when........

you suddenly realise that the person you are talking to about your car knows absolutely nothing about cars ??

I had a conversation the other day with a girl at work.... the fact that i had recently got a new car came up and went something like this ;

Me: "yeah, i changed mine the other week actually"

Her: "oh right... what did u get"

Me: " a MK1 clio 172 sport"

Her: "oh i like clios.... my friends got a blue one"

Me: "er right"

Her: "what did u have b4 then ?"

Me: "golf vr6 highline"

her: "oh... golfs are nice as well"

me: "yes.. this one was... leather, aircon,sunroof, alloys , 3 litre engine"

her: "alloys ???? cool"

me: "sigh"

and that was it :(

jesus christ.. i expected more interest than that :(

Im not suggesting that this is limited to women in any way...ive had some equally poor conversations with blokes...

"nissan skyline?.. what are they... is it like a primera"

thud.....

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!

CTR EK9 turbo

Yeah, i know how you feel. Its even worse when they think they know more about cars than you: for example i was talking to some guy who was insistant that the 205 XS had a 1.4 16 valve injection engine as standard. I felt so uncomfortable knowing it was an 8 valve carb and then i felt like a nerd for knowing that, and then i felt angry. oh ill shut up now....

Lol. I know what you mean. Some blokes know nothing but pretend to know lots, women just normally look at me blank if I start talking about cars :D.

Cheers,

Chun.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

I dont look blank when talking cars ;)

I dont know much on the techy side of things, but Im forever talkin about em :D

my mates like that, u can talk 2 him for ages and he seems knowledgable then hell ask something sooo stupid u just realised uve wasted the last 20 mins of ya life!!!

u could be talking moddy, techy for a bit then hed suddenly ask something like whats a rocker cover? and then u know its pointless!

Sorry Louise, should of said most not all women :). Ben I feel that most of the time whenever I start to talk to some bloke about modding the car hehe. Infact only a few m8s and the people on here that I know of have understood what im talking about, that ive talked to :).

Chun.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

LOL, know the feeling, I had some bird at work trying to tell me the other day that Clio Williams did NOT come with gold wheels as standard. After 3 days, she conceded that she was indeed talking about the172s, not the Williams!

Women eh!

just to clarify here before i start some kind of sexist war here ;)

i just used my conversation as an example.... as i said, i have spoken to blokes and had equally stupid / annoying conversations......

i dont think the sex of the person comes into it... it just cracks me up / annoys me when for example i had the vr6 and people would say. . oh.. thats nice.. whats that the ? is it a 1800 ? ...

no.... 2.8 v6.. ...

dont be silly people would say, u cant have a 3.0 litre golf....

pop the bonnet.....

read that then... oh. 2.8 vr6 dohc.... right... oh.....

"its a nice colour though"

grrrrrrrr

At least you dont have someone at work trying to convince you that the Toyota Corolla T-Sport is a better car than the 172 just because it says so on sodding MSN.