ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Done the blue dash conversion

iceberg 172
Easier than i thought it would be. ran out of blue led so did the climate control switches red but dont like it so ordered some more blue.
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00088.gif

DSC00084.gif

DSC00087.gif

the clock looks poor though! need to get me some blue filter paper me thinks
DSC00086.gif

DSC00089.gif

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I quite like the CC, looks OEM but a bit brighter.

Dials look soo bright now. Especially the mileage bit.

EP3 Civic Type R
Looks lovely mate- taking some pictures of my interior today and this crossed my mind again!

What type of bulbs did u use? :)

Evo 8 MR
Should do the little lines on the rev counter red from just after 7k.

The first one just after 7k should be blue aswell shouldn't it?

clio 2002
i ad a quick look at the guide few days back but sort of knew what was needed anyways

could u give me a link to this guide or even just tell me wat kind of leds i need, i have got ones for it but they dont work. there too high voltage i think. thanks

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ Have a look in the guides section for a thread I started. I cover everything you should nedd to know.

The are PLCC2 Led's (Surface mount)

BMW E34 540i
Im not a fan of this tbh. I hate how you can see the leds through the stereo/time display at the top of the centre console.

:/

I like VW violet blue colour this is to bright for me - about the centere console display I doesnt look too nice - maybe a bit weaker led's not that powerful ?

I like VW violet blue colour this is to bright for me - about the centere console display I doesnt look too nice - maybe a bit weaker led's not that powerful ?

Possible, but i think its down to the sanding of the original paper etc.
You coming lakes meet tomorrow?

Bumder With A Buffer
Possible, but i think its down to the sanding of the original paper etc.
You coming lakes meet tomorrow?

Thats where most people go wrong. I make up 2 small PCB's with 9 leds on each and wire them up. Not like how others tend to do it.

IE like this..

962ece5d.jpg

No LEDS visible (if it seems like it is then its just my dodgy phone camera)

Thats where most people go wrong. I make up 2 small PCB's with 9 leds on each and wire them up. Not like how others tend to do it.

IE like this..

No LEDS visible (if it seems like it is then its just my dodgy phone camera)

Yeah looks much better that. You can see it a slight bit but defiantly not as much.

Fancy making a small guide on how to do this bit ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Depends what I get paid ;)

I will do one at somepoint though..Just need to remember how it wires up..No longer have a Clio to check.