ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Done the hattrick

Bumblebee
Well my clio RS journey continues. I have gone from this

100_0281-1.jpg

to this

100_1760.jpg

and tonight i purchased this

clio2.jpg

clio1.jpg

Needs a good clay and PC and a few minor tweeks, but drives beautifully. Very happy.:) Just away to order silvervisions and repeaters, lol.

Octavia VRS
Very nice John, I'm sure I recognise that plate - last owner based in Edinburgh per chance?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah Kenny its the one I was after until NUD were cuntish about it all!

Lovely John, pretty jealous! Can you keep it for me till April and look after then I'll take over from you! Will be my 3rd Clio as well ;)

Octavia VRS
^ gutted mate.

I'm sure I've passed this in Sighthill/Slateford area on way to work a fcouple of times. Only seen a couple of black RS-1s in this area!

Bumblebee
Cheers guys,

the car has done 81000 miles, however due to a timing belt mishap(!) the engine was totally rebuilt by Renault at 72000 miles (receipt to prove.) The engine is excellent, and feels the tightest out of all 3, gearbox is also nice.

Clutch is feeling the age, but is still more than functional. The car needs a bit of TLC. I need to replace the o/s wing mirror as the baseplate is cracked. The rear wiper mechanism has packed in and there are a few parkin dents (not that noticeable) on both doors. Also at high revs in second there is a loud noise from underneath (near the cat) like something is resonating. I will get this on the ramps at work for an inspection.

However the car has a great service history bar the one mishap, with loads of receipts - also comes with the lightweight bonnet.

Inside I am going to replace the gearknob with an OE replacement and a new set of mats. The steering wheel is worn but as you would have expect.

But I am more than happy with a car that cost £3k. :)

Bumblebee
Just ordered clear side repeaters, silvervisions, new aerial, sportlines and DS 2500's...

So much for my wedding in 6 weeks 4 days and 19 hours...

The Beast MK4
You must be sleeping young Maz. The blue beast is in my hands! ;)

Nice one John. I knew all the banterings would eventually get to you. lol

Now get a K-tec stealth on there!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Name the time and place, lol. Hows your own wee Renault sports?

Willy's going well "Touches wood" - (No jokes about the touches wood...)

Starting the Vee detail tomo...4days then a service then it'll be road ready! Can't wait!