ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Park track day pics 17.12.06

Lee

BMW M2C
I went along to take some pictures of a friend at Donington today. There's also bags of others in there, including a new GT3 RS and a Ferrari.

Click me

There was also an ex Clio Cup racer there:

Donington_155.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
lol nice nissan note out on track!

i take it no-one actually hit the wall or did any major damage?

Just the sideways Evo. He hit hard, which is why I moved and only got that one pic. I didn't take any of the car afterwards,that's not fair on him.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
That was possibly the hairiest, single most scariest trackday I have ever done, but good fun all the same! :D Would be good to experience Donington when it's not resembling an ice rink though! lol

Thank you for standing around in the freezing cold all day. Pictures are superb as ever!! :approve:

CTR--VX220D
That was possibly the hairiest, single most scariest trackday I have ever done, but good fun all the same! :D Would be good to experience Donington when it's not resembling an ice rink though! lol

Thank you for standing around in the freezing cold all day. Pictures are superb as ever!! :approve:

Cracking pics Lee,

How fast did you get the Clio on the long straight?

I STILL havent done donnington... really want to give it ago.

Was it a 100 or 105 db day?

EDIT:-

Lee - did that CTR have the Spoon N1 rear can, or full system - I bet that was loud - my CTR was!!!

Donington_066.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
I didn't take part, I was there to take pics of Pootle who was in the CTR Mark.

No idea Chris, I don't know a great deal about CTR turning. It was certainly one of the quicker cars on the day and one of the better driven. It wasn't all that loud either.

I did Donington in March of this year when it was dry. I can't remember what I was reaching on the straight, but I'm sure it was 110 - 120. It's an amazing track. The Craner curves are fantastic.

I don't think a single session went by without a red flag. People were going off left right and centre.

Turbos.
I want the Alfa GTA...

I was there last year when someone managed to spin on the last corner like the Supra and caused havoc in the pitlane!

I still think the new Ferrari looks ugly as sin.

Lee

BMW M2C
I want the Alfa GTA...

I was there last year when someone managed to spin on the last corner like the Supra and caused havoc in the pitlane!

I still think the new Ferrari looks ugly as sin.

When I did it in March we were told in the briefing that at least one person always loses it onto the start finish straight and hits the very hard concrete pit wall. The Evo was the one who managed that.

I don't really like the Ferrari either, especially when there's a GT3 RS making it look even worse. A few of the lads at work have just said the same.

Lee

BMW M2C
P.S Did you see how quick the JCW cars were compared to the ex-Clio Cup?

The conditions were terrible, but the silver JCW Mini was a little faster than the Cup. In fact the Mini was one of the quicker cars on the day from what I could see, along with the Cossie and the Texaco liveried ex Touring (replica?) Cossie. Obviously the Westfields and Caterhams were fairly rapid too.

As father and son....
if it wasnt that loud couldnt have been a spoon n1, but it certainly looks like one.

maybe it just faded out because of the distanc? shrug. looks like a Spoon lower rear tie bar anyway

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't think they were that bothered, one of the Evos had stupidly loud induction roar and the 200SX almost made my ears bleed.

CTR--VX220D
I don't think they were that bothered, one of the Evos had stupidly loud induction roar and the 200SX almost made my ears bleed.

Good to know - I tested mine @ 96dbs static.

My Spoon N1 is loud but in a different context to my 172's YS... Thats why i asked if it had a B Pipe too.