ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't Starve - Console Version

Mk2 ph1 clio
Downloaded this yesterday as it's free for PS+ users on the playstation 4.

Anyone else got it yet? What's your thoughts on it? I must have spent the first few hours dying after a couple of days because I didn't understand what was going on basically.

Currently on day 14 and have a self sustaining camp set up! Just started crafting some better items and farming tools! Really enjoying it now!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got this today.
I've realised not to attack killer bees or let the campfire run out.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing though with it.

Mk2 ph1 clio
To begin with change the world settings - remove all harmful creatures and change it to long summer no nights and anythjng else that makes it difficult. This will make surving really easy which lets you earn XP fast. I got to day 35 before killing myself. I collected my XP which unlocked new characters with custom abilities and items like wendy and her lighter which is very useful.

Im currently onto day 49 with my robot character which can be upgraded by finding gears in the caves. Such a simple but satisfying game!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. I'll have a look at that then.
I left everything standard. Got to day 14 before I was going mad through hunger, even though I was eating enough food.

Mk2 ph1 clio
You need to pick flowers to keep yourself sane. If you get 12 flowers you can craft a garland to wear on your head that keeps you sane for ages. Once it goes bad just craft a new one! Using a science machine to create new things also increases your mental state.

Ive got a nice little set up going now. 4 gardens to plant seeds in, three meet drying racks to put rabbits on. Constant supply of those not far from camp and i also keep bees! I.ll whack a video up later. I have no night so I can figure a lot of stuff out.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was doing really well earlier until I tried to fight a ghost! Got to day 9 with a small camp going, using the fire starter girl.
I managed to get a few machines going, some chests to keep things in, and I found a good spot with some farm land to set up base. Levels are huge though! and thats on standard!

Ill have another blast on it tomorrow I think.

Great little game!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Check youtube for some interesting vids on it as many did guides on it to help when it came out on pc

Mk2 ph1 clio
This is what I'm doing currently. Using sandbox mode to basically figure out crafting and survival camps. This one is self sustaining with berry bushes, grass, saplings and my own pig. Placed close to beefalos and a wooded area for trees/flowers.

[video=youtube_share;L0xfdYxUrvw]http://youtu.be/L0xfdYxUrvw[/video]

Mk2 ph1 clio
I've really got into this game now. I'm on day 189 on my main one but I also have two other on around day 80 which I use to experiment.

I've got a nice set-up for the standard game with day/night/summer/winter. Base camp in the middle of the map which is very close to beefalo and plenty of rocks. I have 18 drying racks, 9 crockpots and two fridges. This sets me up perfectly for winter as any meat left on a drying rack doesnt spoil, nor does cooked meals left on a crockpot so That's my winter supplied! I have only recently figured out what to do with the 'mysterious dirt piles' that pop up. Track them and find a koalaphant! useful for meat and the trunk because that trunk is needed to make the breezy vest which is good enough for winter!

Looking forward to more DLC on this!