ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't try this at home. No don't.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I have a blue Cobra Monaco seat. In fact I have two.

Blue doesn't quite work with the my interior design requirements for the track car so, a crazy idea was hatched in my stupid brain.

A can of this arrived from EBay, £15 later.

ge6e6yha.jpg

To the shed, I went.

3a9uperu.jpg

One slightly used seat, no real use for it.

Before:

agejyjaj.jpg

After:

byjyrugu.jpg

Er.. Re-read the can label and it said you might need to 'rub it in'.... Ok then.

utavyqad.jpg

It's rubbing it off FFS.

It has now dried exactly as it looks above. It's sh't. And I am a fool.

Don't try this at home.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
First off, how did you ever think that was going to work!

Second, I really dislike those seats for some reason.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I dont see the problem? Once its dry, it wont run off. just do the rest of the seat...

It's defo not 'moonstone black'.

I will finish the seat and post the results at the weekend.

Why do I do these things...

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Lol.. unlucky mate..

Call the seller and complain?

Can't really complain to the seller that I am retarded and was taken in - by the flashy colours he used on his advert.

Ah well, let's see what the finished article looks like.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I expect its like any paint and would require 2 or more coats tbh, as it will be such a fine paint that thinned down loads to help it absord.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Thought I'd do a bit more:

ehy5yze5.jpg

It now looks pretty bad. The top part has dried so I tried to rub the new bits in with it. Just looks mucky tbf.

Turned it round and sprayed the other side (but not the base - didn't want to paint all the old grass into the fabric!) also caught a spider on the side, which now has a tan.

On a more positive note, I did discover this:

y3y5edyj.jpg

..In the fridge in the shed. Not a bad drop.

Results tomorrow when it's dried!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I expect its like any paint and would require 2 or more coats tbh, as it will be such a fine paint that thinned down loads to help it absord.

Doesn't say that on the tin, or on the eBay advert! That's £15 x3 potentially. I could have re-upholstered it for that.

Lol, I'm pretty excited to see the result tomorrow now. Obviously I have no life.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Can it be cleaned off with anything?

I remember i tried the 'spray window tint' which ran really badly and when i closed the bootlid it came through the rubber seal and ran down the rear bumper.

My own stupid fault!

FLOL!

You'd have been better off using actual spray paint. Probably just as likely to come off on your clothes, but won't look quite as s**t.

Black Sheep
When impatient inexperienced people get hold of some spray cans (including me)

It's like what the suns of guns guy says at the start of the show.

" things will get real ugly for ya, real fast!"

Just with the s**t paint job covered in runs and paint all over your car door and window!

Not quite the same as a pile of dead mates, after the Uzi you were modifying had a "run away"

But both situations result in the same facial expression.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When impatient inexperienced people get hold of some spray cans (including me)

It's like what the suns of guns guy says at the start of the show.

" things will get real ugly for ya, real fast!"

Just with the s**t paint job covered in runs and paint all over your car door and window!

Not quite the same as a pile of dead mates, after the Uzi you were modifying had a "run away"

But both situations result in the same facial expression.

Wtf are you on about

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I've had a dab hand at painting fabric a few times. I've used black fabric paint on white fabric and it is proper black n even gone through the wash.

Just have a look on eBay for 'fabric paint', you can just sponge it on. I'd be inclined to try dyeing it too.

Dont give up on it, not the worst idea, just the wrong product maybe ;)