ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't you just love A/C....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
....In this sort of weather? :rasp:

Who care's about 0.2 of a second when we are extremely cool in our beloved FF 172/182's...(and the "other" odd exceptions).

Tyson.

182 - Now Cooper S
brilliant isn't it. although u cant rele beat having the windows open on a really hot day!!

Cam

182 Cup
Depends where your driving. Windows open for going slow around town, A/C on for motorways etc.

Makes me laugh when people say "its not warm enough in the UK to need A/C" piss off, it bloody well is. Hopefully these misguided fools remember those immortal words next time they are sat in traffic and are suffering a bad case of sweaty sack.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Too right, it's my first car with AC what a difference. No more leaning across to open passenger window. (Ford Ka = basic)....roll on proper summer!!

106 GTi
Loony said:
Makes me laugh when people say "its not warm enough in the UK to need A/C" piss off, it bloody well is. Hopefully these misguided fools remember those immortal words next time they are sat in traffic and are suffering a bad case of sweaty sack.

LOL!

Shame I am in the 306 today, well its got a sunroof at least!

ITR UKDC2
Loony said:

LOL

MK1 Clio 16v
Cam said:
Depends where your driving. Windows open for going slow around town, A/C on for motorways etc.

Agreed!

Unfortunately my Mk1 doesn't have air-con, but ah well, i rarely drive on motorways anyway. I prefer having my windows wide open in the summer whilst driving round town rather than having air conditioning on so i don't really mind. :)

You'll find they are the same people at FCS and trax etc that are angling to sit in your car with the A/C on to cool down because theirs is hotter than a cremation furnace from being sat out in the sun all morning ;)

artic blue 182
Loony said:

i was one of those when i brought my dynamique think i was just saying it to save myself 600 quid on aircon ...car only lasted 1 summer before chopping it in lol :eek:

Sweaty sack XD

Im glad to say ive never experienced it. Mainly because i dont have any!

Sounds very uncomfortable tho!:S

It works both ways though, no-one likes a sweaty yawning donkey either (owner or otherwise) pants containing something that smells like a fishmongers armpit isnt a good thing.

182 + Cup
Believe it or not today is the first time I've really used the A/C C/C in anger. Much better than the C/C in the Cupra I had before. In fact better than any of the cars I've had before.

Sweaty sack... LOL

al

ST on the way...
It's gorgeous! Specially in a black car :)

It's a bit odd having CC and a Sunroof tho :s

Got aircon in my office at work too ;)

Loony said:
It works both ways though, no-one likes a sweaty yawning donkey either (owner or otherwise) pants containing something that smells like a fishmongers armpit isnt a good thing.

Ahaha!

clio 182 black /gold
I put mine today and the dam thing blew hot air out, the car had stood there all day in the bakin sun. It is great when it gets down to temp.

ITR UKDC2
Subway said:
No...

I love being hot & sweaty in my car!

i bet you also have some of these so you dont stick to your seat like the taxi drivers have

7703_m.jpg

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Was 29 degrees earlier in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.

Was driving with the air con on at lunchtime and its so refreshing :)

I dont own a donkey but if i did i would. I do point out it may be a good idea to any donkey owning passengers that i may have though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Timmay said:
love my air con but sometimes good to have windows open all the way for the breeze effect!
I completely agree with this :) I went for a drive from Glasgow to Lochgilphead and back on Saturday and eventually turned the A/C off and opened the windows instead. It makes those fun drives on hot days even better.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
25 degrees in Manchester...Warmest day of the year so far, and the first time i have used my A/C, what a refreshing change! I think i need a beer now...

Tyson.

Golf GTD
id like aircon, but do love the sound of driving when the window is down and your booting it on some quiet country roads, makes the experience better for me :)

Lux'd Glacier White R26
KyleB said:
id like aircon, but do love the sound of driving when the window is down and your booting it on some quiet country roads, makes the experience better for me :)

Or gunning it under a bridge? The noise is so much better! :D

Tyson.

Clio 172 mk2
Loony said:

lol:D