ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't you just love A/C....

LY V6 with Recaros
I love air con, it's the first time I've really used it as all my other cars never had it, it's lovely and refreshing! I did turn it off and just have the windows open after a while though :)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
Its great, I havent got it in my Clio but my dads got it in his Laguna its great

how have you not got it in your dynamique ive got one and have air con i thought all dynamiques came with it :S

anyway today was about the third time since i had the car ive used it. fecking loverly i must say.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Don't any of you people work!?! I'll look forward to my 6 year old air con, which needs servicing, on Sunday, thank you very muchly... :)

Tyson-182 said:
....In this sort of weather? :rasp:

Who care's about 0.2 of a second when we are extremely cool in our beloved FF 172/182's...(and the "other" odd exceptions).

Tyson.

25c?! Bah, don't need any of that AC crap, just makes work on certain things in the engine bay harder, increases fuel consumption and makes things feel really hot when you get out. Tiny gap in the windows are good enough for me, I try to avoid motorways in the summer though, made that mistake last year and nearly melted.

Can you tell I'm a Cup owner ;)

Tangoed Works
^^^^ LOL, I didnt use my ac today, been waitiing for a sh*t hot day for ages. Nothing better than pressing on with the breeze blowing around. BTW the extra fuel you use with the a/c on is probably no different to the extra wind resistance created when you drive with the windows open!!

133/225/CLS AMG
I used to find the CC a god send in my 172 when you get stuck in traffic but it does drink your petrol. Hardly affected the performance on it though, have yet to test the CC on my 225.

My mums 1.6 Focus really suffers with the AC on though, not a rapid car anyway but really struggles when the cool air is on. lol

MKIII 138
sweaty back still occurs with A/C as the air doesnt get into the seat backs (although there is a convinientpipe that could be make it.

also having the windows open on a day like today makes little difference (trust me im in a cup) the air is just as warm outside lol and going fast and with full blowers on with window down a bit doesnt really do that much either.

A/C JUST manages to keep you cool on a really hot day, all without suffer, im a sucker for punishment muahah

B-road bully
lol ive aint got any, one thing i regret bout my car :( gets ok wen i get some breeze on a open road tho

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Turned my CC on for the first time to day, it was blowing a nice breeze then i picked up a bit of speed and it turned its self up 2 full wack! Felt like i was in a wind tunnel! lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
As it was warm today... i cooled down the car by turning on the AC...

But youve gota love that warm summer breeze in the evenings!! so i turned it off.. put the windows down and LOVED it :approve: :approve:

I'm glad I don't have it I saved from not paying originally for it plus with all the rads I've killed upot now I've have been paying a load to keep it gases and fixed.

Plus think of the drain on power and mpg.

K20 EG Hatch
hehe, used mine for the first time yesterday. its soooooo good.
when i got to the town i had to turn it off to put the windows down though :p

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I think i'd die without it here. Although have to say i was a little disappointed with it the other day,was sat in traffic and temp showed at 46 degrees and the AC was struggling to keep me cool but once on the move its ok.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Again today, very hot, will be using A/C some more. I haven't really seen a noticeable difference with fuel consumption when its on?

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ Lets look to the Summer eh guys...We will be laughing when those temperatures head toward 30 degrees again!

We will have the last laugh.. ;)

Tyson.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Tyson-182 said:
Again today, very hot, will be using A/C some more. I haven't really seen a noticeable difference with fuel consumption when its on?

Tyson.

Isnt the term very hot and UK an oxymoron?;)
I nearly melted this morning when out on the golf course...who thought of putting a golf course in a bloody desert?lol

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
adtmits said:
then again you could always have a dodgy225 which AC doesnt work in.

Ad,i heard it got clogged with too many baked beans? Just a rumor though...

RS Clio 182 Trophy
It works both ways though, no-one likes a sweaty yawning donkey either (owner or otherwise) pants containing something that smells like a fishmongers armpit isnt a good thing.

PMSL

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
WH173 said:
Too right, it's my first car with AC what a difference. No more leaning across to open passenger window. (Ford Ka = basic)....roll on proper summer!!
ey..my ford ka has air con and its super cool! mind u..mines the top of the range millennium model ;)funny though when i put it on..can actually feel the car lose power!