ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door card material trim

Clio Expression
Hello I have searched google and these forums but I can't find the info I need. My daughter has just bougtht a 2003 Mk 2 for her first car., Just spent the weekend tidying up especially upholstery cleaning and discovered the material trim on the armrest on the door cards seem to be missing foam. The material is completely unsupported. My uneducated guess is that there used to be foam behind this that has perished. I assume it is a matter of removing the door trim and replacing the foam directly behind the material. As I said I can't find anything on google regarding this and I can't believe this has only happended to this one car. Any advice beofre I dive into it would be much appreciated.

Clio Expression
No I think I want to give it a go as it is my daughters car and she doesn't have much money. It has happened to all 4 doors so I think it will still be cheaper to cut up some 10-12mm foam and attach it rather than replacing all 4 door cards.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It’s glued in from the front so I doubt you will be able to get the fabric off without tearing it.

The foam isn’t that thick on the sport models anyway maybe 3mm at best.

Clio Expression
Oh OK so I guess no point removing the cards then.... Might as well give it a good from the front and see how I go. Thanks.