ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doors making cracking sound?

2003 Clio 172
Both the doors on my 172 make a cracking type sound when opened past about halfway, with the passenger door being worse. I've sprayed the hinges with WD40 to no avail, could it be loose bolts somewhere? Thinking back my old valver was the same, as was my R11T, although the doors on my brother in laws 182 open nice and smoothly. Any suggestions welcome.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. Should have researched first as have found a couple of threads about it. Will see if the bolt has worked loose, but if not looks like I'll need to replace them.

Mine does it, but a bit off grease on it helps for a while.

Also opening the door slower rather than flinging it open helps as well.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Check strap worn or dry. Check its tight and grease it up, if still noisy prob needs replacing

2003 Clio 172
Checked the torx bolts on the check straps last night. Drivers side was a bit loose, so tightened it and doused both sides in WD40. Ideally I need to take the door cards off and grease them up properly, but they're better for the time being.