ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downloading programmes?

R.I.P 182
i know its illegal, this is for research purposes only!!! I heard Kazaa and Shareaza are cack, and dont find many results, what in your opinion have you heard is good? :quiet: :rasp: :p

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
baby d. i know a very god site where you can get virtually anything. pm me for details as i dont want to say in public :)

R35 GTR
Baby D said:
i know its illegal, this is for research purposes only!!! I heard Kazaa and Shareaza are cack, and dont find many results, what in your opinion have you heard is good? :quiet: :rasp: :p

It is not illegal to download programmes that have been on british tv as long as you have paid for your tv license.

R.I.P 182
Dave3141 said:
It is not illegal to download programmes that have been on british tv as long as you have paid for your tv license.

never knew that!!!

RE: Bit Torrent - is it fast & easy to use?

172beast

Just use a bittorrent client like uTorrent and website called uknova (search google), you'll get all the UK Tv programmes you need, for US shows, torrenspy or mininova are both very good.

R.I.P 182
looking just for music to be honest, and nothings working for me :( Limewire won't open, Bearshare is coming up with all the buttons grey'd out! :(

The BearShare file-trading program, "supported" by WhenU spyware. In order to install BearShare, users must agree to install "the SAVE! bundle" from WhenU. The installer provides only a tiny window in which to read the lengthy license agreement. Although the installer claims otherwise, the software transmits users' browsing activity to WhenU servers.

lol

R.I.P 182
Hmmm!!!! as i said i have to pay for bear share unless i use someones email addy thats already paid lol!!! Am getting advice about torrents so gonna try this :(

172beast

Torrents fine for music to, get full albums rather then 1 dodgy track that fooks up half way through. Don't use P2P for owt anymore myself, torrent for everything.

R.I.P 182
quality olliee :D that'd be lovely :)

172 - yeah Ibanez is being nice and talking me through torrent on msn :)

torrent is a form of p2p :p

n yeah, i use torrent for pretty much anythin, altho i use limewire if i just want a single track. Ive never had probs with songs that f**k up, just have to know what to look for ;¬)

R.I.P 182
yeah same here, shareaza was brilliant but now it just gives me Zip and RAR files etc, and doesnt find anything :(

Limewire wont work for me :(

im lookin for lots of individual songs so hope the torrent and bearshare work lol..

there is a thing thats pretty much identicle to limewire Pro, in every way, but its completely free. Trying to remember what its called :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
Baby D said:
yeah same here, shareaza was brilliant but now it just gives me Zip and RAR files etc, and doesnt find anything :(

Limewire wont work for me :(

im lookin for lots of individual songs so hope the torrent and bearshare work lol..
when using shareaza you don't use it to search, just to download, to find the songs you are looking for you use a site like mininova.org and open the file from there and then it will download in shareaza.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dave3141 said:
not true, your tv license only covers the BBC channels, not 3,4 or 5 etc.

You don't own the right to own the programmes broadcast by the BBC though, only the right to watch them. If you recrod them to a video recorder, technically, as soon as you have watched it you should delete it. Thats the way i understand it anyway. This is unless you download the official copy from the BBC website lke they started doing with Office Crowd etc.

Think to get the best out of downloaded, you gotta put your hand in your pocket and pay a little.
I use USENEXT, only $10 per month for 10gig. and the speeds max me out each time.
Or if you can get your mits on a FTP, go for it!