ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Dragging" sound at rear when braking

Titanium 182
I've searched for this, but can't find any issues that are the same as mine. Everything sounds fine except when braking. Sounds like something is dragging along the floor, even at slow speeds. I've checked underneath and nothing is touching the floor. Is it likely to be rear pads?

It's only started happening in the last couple of days. Could it be caused by the cold weather?

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
The cold weather could be contributing to it. It could be the handbrake seizing up. I had a handbrake bind to my r/n/s wheel when I first had my car, cost me £175 because I had the brake pads changed at the same time. If it's a handbrake bind, chances are high that any mechanic will change the pads, too. Do the brakes stick on when you go to pull off at all? Almost like you've left the handbrake on?

Titanium 182
The cold weather could be contributing to it. It could be the handbrake seizing up. I had a handbrake bind to my r/n/s wheel when I first had my car, cost me £175 because I had the brake pads changed at the same time. If it's a handbrake bind, chances are high that any mechanic will change the pads, too. Do the brakes stick on when you go to pull off at all? Almost like you've left the handbrake on?
Thanks for this. No, it doesn't feel like that the handbrake is stuck on. The car behaves completely normally even when braking, it just makes a dragging sound. Power or handling is not affected at all.

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
Ooh... I'm not sure then, mate, sorry! It could just be the weather, or it could be that your pads just need replacing just as the weather changes, as a coincidence :p.