ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Draytek 2820 users

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I've setup our first one up with a new 'Be' pro line. However, the Draytek syncs lower (about 5-10%) than the Thomson Router.

Luckily our exchange is about 50m away so with the Thomson I'm getting a sync of 23,000 down (23mb), however with the Draytek I can only get 21,000 (21mb) down.

So I've put the Thomson back into bridge mode and set the static IP up on the Draytek and all is fine now.

I'm assumming this is some bottle neck in the Draytek hardware or firmware, just would have been nice to do away with the Thomson router.

Is there anything I should know about with the Drayteks ? Weird issues or pitfalls ?

Cheers!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not known of any with our 2820's m8, and they seem leagues ahead of the other routers I've used.

You should be glad of the 21MB, even. I'm on 1.5MB (ADSL) and 1.8MB (ADSL2) at home!

D.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Weirdly I had a conversation with an ADSL bod recently and he remarked how good the thomsons were at getting the best out of a line.

The drayteks probably more stable. The thomson that came with o2 got a slightly faster sync speed than my netgear, but dropped the line every 20mins!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I've just had the upload plus enabled aswell, was hoping to get near the max of 2.5mb but only getting 1.8mb at the moment. Think I might just monitor it for a week or two to see if there is any improvement.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Cisco 2801 ADSL bundle worked for me at my mums - helped to have one lying around, wouldn't pay the £1k asking price for it though!