ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DrayTek 2820 & VLANs

Clio 172
i All,

I'm a little stuck and hoping that someone would be able to help me!

I currently manage a network for a Bar & Tapas Restaurant in the area, and they have a pretty complicated network setup that I've been playing with for years now.

The situation is this;

There is a office network of 2 Desktops and a Laptop which is managed by a Draytek router (This one) and there are also 2 access points in the bar downstairs which are connected via Lan cable to the router.

Before now it hasn't been a problem, however the users of the free WiFi downstairs can communicate with the financial software on the server etc we have setup.

I've sucessfully created a VLAN separating out the office network and the 2 AP's however laptop remains the issue.

The laptop can be used in the office and in the bar area, however now in the bar area it can't connect to the office stuff (which is perfect for us as we know that the VLAN setup has work :) *Thumbs Up*)

I've googled this and it looks like I need to do something with "Trunking"? by creating certain rules for this laptop to be able to access both networks.

Is it possible for me to create a rule on this router that the Mac Address of the laptop is able to access both VLANs at any given point?

Thanks in advance.

Al