ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dremel vs others

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I've seen several 'versions' of the Dremel tool on eBay, some have sold in the 100s s can't be too bad, can get a cordless one for about a 3rd of the cost of a Dremel branded one, anyone have experience of original ones and copies? Is there a big difference or would I just be paying for the name if I bought a Dremel?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’ve got a proper cheap Chinese Argos thing. Challenge xtreme or some s**t.

Works perfectly. Had it years and used it for all manner of things. Brilliant.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Lad at work bought a knock off one on Amazon and its spot on. Up to 40,000 rpm

I put it on 40,000 rpm straight away and it shot the sanding bit out and nearly killed 45 people😂 I have a proper old Dremmel and I dare say his is better and digital speed settings

I bought a corded Dremel 3000 (entry end) for £30 from B&Q a few years ago. Often deals about if you aren't in any rush.

Having had a cheapy version in the past, the variable speed setting makes it much more versatile.

I'll be honest though, I very rarely use it. There's often a better tool at hand which is more suitable.

What do you expect to use it for?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I bought a corded Dremel 3000 (entry end) for £30 from B&Q a few years ago. Often deals about if you aren't in any rush.

Having had a cheapy version in the past, the variable speed setting makes it much more versatile.

I'll be honest though, I very rarely use it. There's often a better tool at hand which is more suitable.

What do you expect to use it for?
The mrs wants one for various uses in crafting

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
In all seriousness I was thinking of getting a Dremel 4000, still cant decide if I'll get much use from it really as all the jobs it would have been handy for I've already lost all the skin on my knuckles doing.

msco0207

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I got a Dremel 4000 not too long ago, great bit of kit. Amazon sometimes do some good deals with all the extra add ons too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I got an aldi special dremel about 10 years ago. It broke after 3 years, I contacted the company who makes it and they sent me a brand new one out.
Works great on the odd occasion it gets used, I didnt see the point in wasting money on a branded one tbh. Just get the branded cutting discs and you'll be fine.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
This one seems popular, less than half the price of an equivalent Dremel

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Dremel, but 100% would get something without a cord if it can spin to the same RPM and doesn't need recharching after 10 mins use, the cord is annoying.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
anyone know where the cheapest place it for the Milwaukee angled die grinder?

was at £116.99 on ebay the other week but now at £135